Prospect Info: Lenni Hämeenaho (#58 Pick - 2nd Round - 2023 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
just don't get it in your eye.

You're not suppose to get sweaters in it.:thumbu:
KFt2DA9T82paOA1Yci.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He’s a below average skater in Liiga. That’s only going to get exposed more. He’s not going to skate well enough. It’ll come down to whether or not his brain outweighs the skating.
There comes a point below which Einstein couldn't play in the NHL. If he doesn't have the minimum skating necessary I don't see how he ultimately make the transition. I'm not sure what the minimum skating is but it's a real thing on some level.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There comes a point below which Einstein couldn't play in the NHL. If he doesn't have the minimum skating necessary I don't see how he ultimately make the transition. I'm not sure what the minimum skating is but it's a real thing on some level.

I mean a guy like Mark Stone was a poor skater as a prospect and got drafted low because of it and still managed to be one of the best wingers and two way players or a generation despite still not improving the skating and being one of the worst skaters in the league. Toffoli can’t skate and has been a good to great top 6er for a decade. I don’t imagine Lenni’s such a bad skater that he’s levels below the worst skaters in the league

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I mean a guy like Mark Stone was a poor skater as a prospect and got drafted low because of it and still managed to be one of the best wingers and two way players or a generation despite still not improving the skating and being one of the worst skaters in the league. Toffoli can’t skate and has been a good to great top 6er for a decade. I don’t imagine Lenni’s such a bad skater that he’s levels below the worst skaters in the league
OK, so he might be a poor NHL skater but if he's at least an NHL skater there is still hope.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
OK, so he might be a poor NHL skater but if he's at least an NHL skater there is still hope.

I’m definitely not convinced he’s a surefire NHLer like I am with Gritsyuk. I don’t really see how Gritsyuk isn’t at least like a 3rd line caliber guy. With Lenni I can see him coming up short because he’s a poor skater and the other stuff might not end up making up for it enough.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Holtz was not a terrible skater by NHL edge data. He was above average in top speed and speed bursts. His problems were much more lack of processing speed.

Yeah and if you look at the previous year Holtz was a clear below average skater. He really brought his skating up. I’d also argue Holtz biggest issue was never being given a legit chance. He had really efficient production last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad