Lekkerimaki vs Matt Savoie?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hu

• Total voters

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Lekkerimaki has been the better prospect for a couple years now.
Screenshot_20240913-222715_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240913-222611_Chrome.jpg

Good one

Reactions: Duke74 and ManByng

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You didn't think we'd notice that you cut off the stats at the Tournament part? Wonder why that is... could it be because Savoie had only 1 point to Lekkerimaki's 10? lol
WHL is also a junior league unlike the SHL which is Sweden’s top league and considered tougher competition than the AHL. Savoie was getting passed over by other prospects in Buffalo, he suddenly didn’t see a rise in stock or ability due to a change in scenery.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Savoie is a disappointing prospect. He really has stalled in his development. He loses a lot of board battles, he relies on others to drive play, and he doesn't have a ton to offer unless the puck is on his stick (okay, slight exaggeration, he ended up becoming good at clogging the middle with his stick work).

I'll take Lekkermaki easily here.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
If im an Oiler fan i would be a little pissed seeing that effort. Skating and overall impact were awful.

Would also be a little bit of a brow raiser considering that the Sabres dumped him for a lot less value than a 9OA

Just one game though. Could be injured or sick or just a bad night. Kinda silly to try and dunk after one game.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't know about any prospect game...but this is Lekk and not sure it's all that close. Way higher floor and arguably a higher ceiling as well. Don't see the complete bust potential that I see with Savoie where he basically needs to produce offense at the next level or he will be a career minor leaguer. If it doesn't translate it is curtains.

Reactions: Fatass

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't even really like Lekky or even players like him mostly...but it's still him, comfortably, at this point.

Lekkerimaki at least has that one absolutely elite "calling card" or thing to "hang his hat on". He's is an absolutely gifted shooter of the puck.

Savoie...idk...he's a small skilled guy who doesn't do anything particularly badly, but also doesn't do anything particularly well. I still think he's a great fit for the Oilers long-term, where they'll obviously be in desperate need of high skill "complementary wingers" to play with $30M+ Leon and Davey...and he's got the processing level and skill to potentially fill that role. But then...everyone thought Yammer did too. Even i got hoodwinked on Yamamoto, thinking he was gonna be a Patty Kane lite. And then he just...wasn't. Savoie produces a bunch in a similar manner, but i don't even see the same "standout" qualities at the Junior level. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

But i still take the guy who has that absolutely obvious standout trait as a shooter. That's something.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Lekkerimaki has been the better prospect for a couple years now.
I mean I like Maki a bit more, but like they were both drafted in 2022, and Savoie went higher. Savoie absolutely had the better +1, no competition. +2 is trickier. Savoie did have more than 2x the points in juniors, but had a bad wjc, along with relatively lackluster WHL playoffs. Lekkerimaki was constantly a strong player in his D+2. MVP at the WJC as well.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I mean I like Maki a bit more, but like they were both drafted in 2022, and Savoie went higher. Savoie absolutely had the better +1, no competition. +2 is trickier. Savoie did have more than 2x the points in juniors, but had a bad wjc, along with relatively lackluster WHL playoffs. Lekkerimaki was constantly a strong player in his D+2. MVP at the WJC as well.
Draft position gets overstated, it’s really meaningless. Being a higher draft pick doesn’t correlate to success. Lekkerimaki played in a tougher league and won Rookie of the Year, points are a bad comparison when the leagues they played in are not comparable skillwise.

Savoie isn’t a chump but his injuries and skill has really kind of flatlined his progression. As of now Lekkerimaki has shown he has the higher ceiling, but a lot can change as they are both prospects.

Reactions: Coffees

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Draft position gets overstated, it’s really meaningless. Being a higher draft pick doesn’t correlate to success. Lekkerimaki played in a tougher league and won Rookie of the Year, points are a bad comparison when the leagues they played in are not comparable skillwise.

Savoie isn’t a chump but his injuries and skill has really kind of flatlined his progression. As of now Lekkerimaki has shown he has the higher ceiling, but a lot can change as they are both prospects.
I'm trying to say Lekkerimaki hasn't been the better prospect for many years. At most it's been a single year.

Reactions: LaMasquerade

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If im an Oiler fan i would be a little pissed seeing that effort. Skating and overall impact were awful.

Would also be a little bit of a brow raiser considering that the Sabres dumped him for a lot less value than a 9OA

Just one game though. Could be injured or sick or just a bad night. Kinda silly to try and dunk after one game.

I never watched that game you are referring to but the second paragraph is what I would respond to.

If any Oilers fan expect Savoie to perform like a 9oa pick, they will be severely disappointed.

Reactions: TS Quint and Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad