Legendary broadcaster Bob Cole passes away at 90

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Im american and bob cole is better then every single national broadcaster america has had on their broadcasts. I didnt hear him as much as others but any time I did it was a special treat. My first year of center ice was 03 and apparently he was on the "downside" of his career but i dont care, he was enjoyable to listen to.

Edit
I loved gary thorne but he and hands of cement only paid attention to a small number of teams.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
My favorite Bob Cole moment was during one of the World vs. North America era allstar games when the World team shot the puck in for a line change and Bob intoned gravely "the world is changing..." RIP to a real character.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I have been watching these playoffs and like all playoffs since Mr. Cole retired, I have missed his playcalling, warm delivery and friendly demeanour. Him and Harry Neale will always, for me, be the best of the best in my lifetime. I have heard other solid broadcasters since then but no one calls it like Mr. Cole. Truly a Canadian treasure and will be sorely missed, but generations are grateful to have had his voice be a regular part of their lives, and will always be synonymous with great eras in hockey history.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I have been watching these playoffs and like all playoffs since Mr. Cole retired, I have missed his playcalling, warm delivery and friendly demeanour. Him and Harry Neale will always, for me, be the best of the best in my lifetime. I have heard other solid broadcasters since then but no one calls it like Mr. Cole. Truly a Canadian treasure and will be sorely missed, but generations are grateful to have had his voice be a regular part of their lives, and will always be synonymous with great eras in hockey history.

Even in his later years when he lost a few miles on his fastball, he could still capture the excitement.

His voice alone was enough to do the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad