Lebrun: "Habs may circle back on Daniel Briere, had already shown interest.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Terrible, Danny Briere doesn't fill a single need, he's declined to near Gomez levels. He offers us nothing, we actual have real needs and Danny Briere is not one of them.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Note that I personnally didn't see anything from Sanscartier but Filosa reported that Sanscartier said it. Again people, if Sanscartier indeed said it, it's true. No doubt. Question is....where's the proof that he said it.
that Nicolas Poulin kid is like 15 years old, there is no proof except his tweet

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Even if we don't sign Briere, we still need to trade to get bigger. I trust that Bergevin has a trade or two waiting to be confirmed in the case we would sign Briere.

Analyzer*

If we do sign Briere, Gionta, or Desharnais (or both) better be gone.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
at this point we should have just kept Erik Cole.

I thought we should have kept him last year, regardless of Briere. Would've rathered kept his salary for the next 2 years instead of signing Briere or another 2-year, expensive stopgap.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Where there's smoke, there's fire. The only reason they can't say it is because the NHL warned teams that no offers can be officially made until Tomorrow (only talk right now). This is the only reason why he is playing coy. 2 years of this smurf, dunno if I will be able to stomach this

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Watsatheo's beautiful creation

357hfs1.gif

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I have no problem with Briere, he's an upgrade on DD, but DD better be the one that get's traded to make room for Briere. If we trade Eller or Pleky to make room for Briere, then Bergevin will give Houle a run for his money as worst Habs GM.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Gerbe - White - Prust

SOLD!

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I'm worried that Briere has declined too much to add any depth scoring. He is going to be 36 by the time the season starts and I'm not sure if he can get back to even scoring 20+ goals in a season.:help:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Desharnais - Briere - Gallagher
Gerbe - Plekanec - Gionta

Yes please.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels 1m
Briere is between Nashville and Montreal, no decision made yet.

Nashville it surely is then. :laugh:

Coldplay said:
When is the last time Daniel Briere wasn't a complete liability without the puck?

3 years ago? 4 years ago?

Gionta isn't really a selke nominate himself.. Look I'm not saying Briere is some kind of demi-god. He's really average now, but so is Gionta whose main positive attribute is that he'll score an acceptable number of goals at a regular pace. Neither are a plus on their own end.

In the end I don't really want Briere to be signed anyways, its not really a step forward unless there are ulterior motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad