News Article: Lebreton...UPDATE - Agreement made with NCC.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Overall I thought the press conference was good. The NCC agreeing to sell land and a larger piece of it is huge. Glad to hear it explicitly said that they don’t have any expectations for taxpayers to have a role in funding the arena. Lots of unknowns still, including not yet having a sale price for the land (although agreement on what the “fair market vale” is shouldn’t be too difficult), and who will pay to remediate the land.

Long way (many years) to go, but what a difference it must be for those involved to be dealing with Andlauer’s group compared to what everyone involved had to put up with negotiating with Melnyk.
I think the italicized section is because of the bolded section. Owning a larger parcel of land means more opportunity for development that can offset the cost of the arena and they can be corporate landlords for some of the most premium retail property in the city. I wonder what the total cost will be though (cost of land + construction of arena + development of rest of land) and how this will be financed?

Reactions: RandR and Senscore

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think the italicized section is because of the bolded section. Owning a larger parcel of land means more opportunity for development that can offset the cost of the arena and they can be corporate landlords for some of the most premium retail property in the city. I wonder what the total cost will be though (cost of land + construction of arena + development of rest of land) and how this will be financed?
Not seeing much land for other development, building needs 7 acres (with zero parking) , need room for transports as well, and they have 10 acres.

Oct 10, 2010
I guess with this announcement, we’ll have to continue with arguably the leagues worst jumbotron ?

I wonder at the very least if they have repaired the broken pixels ? Lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder what the NCC and Senators mean when they say they want the Algonquin nation to be a true partner in the project?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Did the NCC or Senators release a map showing the land to be purchased?

I read the PR but did not see a link to a map.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad