Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Tampa! 4-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
not a excuse its just amusing at this point that i'm almost positive we wont get to see a full line up the rest of the season.

nice step up game. its on the players now. they responded, now they have to be consistent

nice that canes lost panthers are down 1 to the yotes

habs lost but thats always a good day

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Exactly, no call on the obvious penalties committed against us, but, a light tap by Sandin IS SLASHING!

Yep, Tavares go mauled and held hard in the 3rd, almost fell backwards...Hyman got interfered along the boards after chipping the puck pass Point...those were clear penalties, but lets allow the Bolts to continue to pressure the Leafs by putting the whistle away.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
This is not ref incompetence. They are managing the game for bettors. NHL refs are too well trained to not "see" these infractions.

So funny how you can see the ref is right there. My dream job is being an NHL ref... No matter how poorly you perform there's no accountability.

Reactions: Al14

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't understand why they cannot finish off a game...
Yes they won, by hanging on by a thread.
Fantastic effort for all three periods.
Played really smart in periods one and two.
If they cannot do that 18 more times I feel their playoff chances are slim.
Good win.

They have trouble doing that, sure, but they were without their best D and with three guys who still have more AHL games played than NHL games and Barrie. Refs also swallowed their whistles and let Tampa hold Tavares as much as they liked.

We're competing against the Panthers for a playoff spot. We're a better team than them.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Needed to respond against the pens....shut them out.

Needed to respond after losing to the zamboni GOAT, beat the current best team in the league.

Take the positives and move on to the next one I guess.
That pattern tho ...

Go phoenix go?

Kessel baby.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Very happy with that win.

Yes the third wasnt perfect but given the state of the D corps how could you ask for more?
More that Tampa didn't get a tip from all there shot attempts or get one that squeaked through, especially in the last 2 minutes. They completely controlled play. I'm glad to leave with 2 points and a regulation win, and I hope Florida loses in regulation tonight. But, I didn't really leave this game feeling any better about the team than I did yesterday (not even factoring in Muzzin's potential injury).

Reactions: The Assclown

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
The media conversation will now turn from Barrie still being a Leaf to "If Dubas believed in his team then why didn't he get another Defencemen at the deadline, after all they were flying off the shelves like hot cakes at a 4.20 convention"

Good effort by the buds tonight.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
First two periods were a great example of how dangerous we are when we get league average reffing.

Third period demonstrated that it's damn near impossible to be competitive when we get typical Leafs reffing.

This team was constructed by Dubas under the unfortunate assumption that this league is officiated fairly. It is not. Anyone who can't see that after this game is blind.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nice to see the give a crap meter engage.
But Dubas needs to go get better support staff that is harder to play against.

It’s hard to maintain that intensity, and the elite teams can maintain and turn it up a notch. Still too many Malgin/Rosen trades for my liking. Not only harder to play against but endurance to play the intensity from the surrounding core pieces.

Reactions: brhymes19

Papa Cherry

Nov 20, 2011
What a huge win against Tampa. Marner was deadly on the penalty kill and Willie winning his puck battles. Good to see our defense survive when Muzzin busted his hand. I can't wait for our defense to get fully healthy so we can give Reilly 25 mins and Ceci a healthy scratch.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
More that Tampa didn't get a tip from all there shot attempts or get one that squeaked through, especially in the last 2 minutes. They completely controlled play. I'm glad to leave with 2 points and a regulation win, and I hope Florida loses in regulation tonight. But, I didn't really leave this game feeling any better about the team than I did yesterday (not even factoring in Muzzin's potential injury).

Conversely, Tampa's third goal was a lucky bounce and arguably the first goal as well.

We missing 3/4 of our top 4 and just beat the beat team in the league. I'll take even if it did get a little sloppy at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad