Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I liked how they wore the game down overall .. player discipline is a bit erratic but there are some soft soft calls there. PK stepped up in the third.
Just Berube learning real quick how much BS the refs heap on Toronto with penalties. He's been getting real animated on the bench a few times through these first two games.

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010
People need to get used to our new identity. Nearly 30 blocked shots, tough defensive hockey. We are not trying to score a bunch of pretty goals anymore

I hope you're right.

The difference is clear with 34 and 16 getting mins on the PK

I notice Matthews has been "pesty" these first 2 games as well

Marner ... more contact as well tonight. he's been very aggressive as the guy on the top of the umbrella. Looks like berube is using marner's speed to cause problems

Reactions: bax and ACC1224

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I personally like the defensive system that's being implemented.

If the leafs can win 4-2 confidently with very little production from the dramatically overpaid core 4, then that is good news. It's what we need the team to be in the playoffs, when our "star" players 100% of the time turn pedestrian.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
It would be best if you guys thanked me. I lost faith in the team yesterday and decided not to watch a single second of the game so I could finish some cable management on my home theater setup. I am happy with my setup, and glad that the Leafs scored more than two goals and beat our former coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Record of 1-1 with Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly absent from the scoresheet thus far. Perspective!

Nice firsts for Hildeby (start and win), Pacioretty and Lorentz (Leaf goals) and OEL and Lorentz again (Leaf assist). Hoping that McMann has worked his way back into Berube's good books as well.

Last edited:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
this is the ultimate 180 from last year

B2B hattys for matty, goaltending so bad it'd be seen as average on a school test, pp rocking high, pk all time low. Nylander going off, Tavares going off, Matthews going off, Marner rusty but still having moments of brilliance

vs

0 points for core 3, somehow tavares leading them with a whopping 1P. Goaltending looks like it can't be beat, pp rocking all time low, pk steady and solid. Nylander looking awful, Tavares looking bad, Matthews looking bad, Marner looking mediocre.

If it results in more success I am here for it, but the cap hits of those 4 are gonna look ugly

Reactions: Kurtz

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I hope you're right.

The difference is clear with 34 and 16 getting mins on the PK

I notice Matthews has been "pesty" these first 2 games as well

Marner ... more contact as well tonight. he's been very aggressive as the guy on the top of the umbrella. Looks like berube is using marner's speed to cause problems
Marner has no speed

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
That was a very impressive victory, please keep the 4th line as it is

Tanev & OEL have re-shaped our defensive core, they look unbelievable so far. I expected this from Tanev but OEL has surprised me, he's solid all around and can make plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad