Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
71243c.gif

Thanks for the 2 points there Keefe ;)

Congrats on your first NHL win there HildeBEAST!!!!

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Good to get the first win of the season, and the win for Hildeby.
Not holding the Devils player???
You really think that'd be a penalty against the Devils at this juncture of the game?
Refs have been garbage tonight, but that one was obvious. Spun him around right in front of the ref to gain possession. And then the slapper after the call. Not good.

Reactions: bax

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I've liked what I've seen on both games, results aside, guys going to the net and better defensive zone support from the forwards.

Good win, not a single moment where the Devils dominated them or played a scary game.

The Devils are a good team who might be great in 2-3 years, love that D they're building with Nemec, Hughes, Hamilton, Casey and Pesce, and the forwards have skill but hot damn what a babby soft forward group. I said at the time and I say again, they should have been super hard on Tkachuk when Calgary was shopping him.

I also dig they give due to their lesser-hearlded alumni. Everyone knows Stevens, Brodeur, Elias and Neidermayer, but they have Salvador and Dano working the broad cast.

==

The PK looks good, aggressive but not suicidal but why does the PP look like shit?

Nicky Bobby didn't score or get a point but he's driving the net and making much better decisions with and without the puck. He's gonna get at least 20-20-40 and either be retained or dealt for a fair return.

I like Lorentz, goes to the areas and he gets himself a G-note and an A and I like his big body and speedy style, he's like a glove in this Berube system.

Bobby McGangsta, never healthy scratch him again, made his presence felt immediately. Adding him gives them 4 full forward lines, just do what needs to be done and give Reaves an FOJ now.

Knies is using his body well and not taking penalties while doing it, he's gonna be a big piece.

Holmberg has a lot of tenacity in his game.

For the second game in a row Willy was figure skating and that was a very stupid penalty in the third. Domi looks better than him and Marner so far two games in.

Also for the second game in a row Mo looked pedestrian - not horrible and no glaring errors, but not like a 7.5 guy.

Again - why not try Timmins out at LW? He's big and skates well and is an adventure on D, stranger things have happened.

JT took a stupid, lazy penatly that resulted in a goal, but then got a goal later, he's still not much of a factor otherwise and most I'd give him is 3x4.5.

Matthews is getting his chances, the goals will come.

I sang the praises of Benoit last night and he was mostly good but he definitely could have grabbed a twig at the end of the second or caught a proactive bench change. A misplay okay, but then that stupid penalty because Meier was a p***y. I like where his heart was at but that was no good.

OEL has a nice stick on the PK, he had a much better game than he did last night.

They did a really nice job of keeping it light for Hildeby, he did make a few good saves but that second one went right through him. He has good economy of movement and tracks pucks well through traffic.

Last edited:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Great road win and makes last nights loss not feel nearly as bad,
4th line had a great game and Lorentz has been a very good pickup so far.
Thought the top 4D was excellent and have been impressed with both OEL and Tanev.
Ever since the first preseason game where we got lit up, we've been extremely stingy defensively.
Hildeby was good when he needed to be and looks very calm in the crease.

Reactions: Lilou and Menzinger

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Only saw the last few minutes of the second and the third.

I liked how they wore the game down overall .. player discipline is a bit erratic but there are some soft soft calls there. PK stepped up in the third.

Hildeby looked solid, congrats on his first win!

And congrats to Patches and Lorentz for their first goals. Nice to see the depth scoring pull through.

The PP and the big guns will figure it out, but they look rusty out there. It's a bit painful to watch. JT with a beauty though, so give him his dues there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad