Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Woo!,

Sorry I've been out of the system the last couple weeks, had to put my poor doggo down.

Been nice to see the Buds come back. Finally getting goaltending can really pay dividends even with your stars hurt/playing injured and the team has done an excellent job shutting down Pasta with big kudos going to Marner, Tavares and Knies especially with each around 45 minutes played at ES against him in heavy D zone usage and Pasta has only been on for 1 goal scored at ES in those minutes.

Really hope Matthews is able to come back tomorrow to push the team over the line. Woll has been great but so has Swayman and we need all the firepower we can get.

The whole team has really stepped up overall though since game 4.

Reactions: arso40

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
IMG_0034.jpeg

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Woo!,

Sorry I've been out of the system the last couple weeks, had to put my poor doggo down.

Been nice to see the Buds come back. Finally getting goaltending can really pay dividends even with your stars hurt/playing injured and the team has done an excellent job shutting down Pasta with big kudos going to Marner, Tavares and Knies especially with each around 45 minutes played at ES against him in heavy D zone usage and Pasta has only been on for 1 goal scored at ES in those minutes.

Really hope Matthews is able to come back tomorrow to push the team over the line. Woll has been great but so has Swayman and we need all the firepower we can get.

The whole team has really stepped up overall though since game 4.

Sorry about your dog, brother.

horner

May 22, 2007
Willy finally woke up nice hit along the wall Willy. After that he got his game together, keep it up we need you.

I said after knies scored the overtime foal it would go to his feet , he would become a man . He is the power we have been searching for.

Woll always comes up in the big moments like knies .

Kampf keep up the great work.

Our defense is now a brick wall.

The last 2 games is the beat we have played in yrs.

Our play without the puck has been great nothing fancy just hard work. We are finally a team , some may say it is boring hockey but this is playoff hockey.

This is how you win in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Noone. It's a revolutionary experiment. I think that Keefe might be the first NHL coach to implement this counterintuitive strategy !!!

I read on the interwebs that playing a goalie who won't sh*thimself greatly improves your winning chances. I'm starting to think there might be something to it. And slowly, so is Keefe !
There's a reason they didn't start the series off with Woll; though Sammy looked bad his last few starts, Woll hadn't put together a good game since he came back from injury. So starting with the goalie with the more recent success made sense.

I don't blame Keefe for starting with Sammy. I blame Keefe for not pulling him after Game 3, because some of the Game 3 goals were BAD. And honestly, I wonder if the Leafs coming out flat in Game 4 was connected to Keefe leaving Sammy in to start.

Thank God. Are they going to send Sutherland instead? He's the other ref with a ridiculous Leaf playoff record; 0-5.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
The NHL has already announced Game 1 against Florida starts Monday knowing Game 7 is Saturday. Both teams would have to travel.

Unreal. They wouldn't even give the teams an extra day to travel between series. I bet they wanted to make them play Game 1 against Florida on the Sunday after Game 7.
One day off is hardly uncommon. 1993 Leafs played 21 games in 41 days.

Only way to guarantee days off is to win a series in fewer games than your next opponent. Besides which the networks control the schedule.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
One day off is hardly uncommon. 1993 Leafs played 21 games in 41 days.

Only way to guarantee days off is to win a series in fewer games than your next opponent. Besides which the networks control the schedule.

Vancouver series ended today, Edmonton was already finished. It's looking like the series will start Tuesday. So Vancouver gets 3 days off before games with both teams finished.

I don't get why the next series would have to start Monday, but it is what it is. Let's hope the Leafs are in it.

Reactions: arso40

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
The Bruins can buzz all they want but as long as we have a committed bus parking defense in the slot, Woll feeling himself and the butchers keep butchering they will grip their sticks tighter and tighter with every missed opportunity. Hopefully the bad psychology kicks and soon enough they’ll be on summer holiday.
Leafs defense is using the same recipe the 2021 Habs defense during their playoff run.

Big tall mean and physical defensemen collapsing in front of the net and completely occupying the slot. Blocking all the shots and the shooting lanes. Disrupting the passing lanes. They all have length and long reaches too. Not giving room, time and space to the Bruins. Bruins forwards are scared to go to the net because they know it will be painful.

If schenn was still with us our defense would be even meaner and physical.

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
The turnaround seems to have started after three incidents:
- Willy giving Mitch sh1t late in period 2 of game 4.
- Woll coming in to start period 3 of game 4.
- Matty not coming out to start period 3 of game 4.

Since then Leafs have outscored Bruins 5-2 and outplayed them fairly convincingly.

You can attribute as much or as little impact to each as you see fit, but I think we have there the turning point(s) of the series.
.... Jesus, that's, like, a normal score of a single game, except it's been 2.33 games.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Vancouver series ended today, Edmonton was already finished. It's looking like the series will start Tuesday. So Vancouver gets 3 days off before games with both teams finished.

I don't get why the next series would have to start Monday, but it is what it is. Let's hope the Leafs are in it.
I heard that if Dallas beat Vegas tonite then Canucks-Oilers game will start on Sunday instead of Tuesday. NHL don't want three games on Sunday. Also Canucks' series finishing in 6 games is also a factor.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Our coach lost our goalie a shutout by trying to get Nylander a hatrick. This is the same shit that happened with the chase for 70.

Woll, Knies, McCabe and that 4th line. Wow
I believe the thinking behind putting on nylander is that he can possess the puck and improves your chances of an empty netter to put their late push to bed. I don't think he was trying to get him a hat trick per say

Reactions: notDatsyuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad