Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nylander is the best o zone puck possession player in the league by far. I love how he uses his body and reach to protect the puck as he cycles around waiting for the perfect opportunity to pass or shoot. Nobody can get the puck from him when he has control.
He's incredible but lets not get crazy.

They need to play your typical road hockey game - boring.

Keep it tight, don’t give Boston momentum early and limit self inflicted mistakes.
:laugh: Initially read that literally as 'road hockey game' and couldn't figure out what that meant.
CAR!!!!!!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They need to play your typical road hockey game - boring.

Keep it tight, don’t give Boston momentum early and limit self inflicted mistakes.
Limited Bruins to a total of 3 shots in the last two 1st periods. Unheard of. Keefe must have sold his soul to the devil to get these guys to block shots like that have in the last two games.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Limited Bruins to a total of 3 shots in the last two 1st periods. Unheard of. Keefe must have sold his sole to the devil to get these guys to block shots like that have in the last two games.
27 last night. Absurd

Reactions: ToneDog

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Very true, Florida is a far better team than Boston.
We have dominated Boston at 5 on 5, that won't happen against Florida, and they will score on their power plays.
We have to fix our power play.
Mo has been Bizarro Rielly, good in his own zone and terrible offensively. You've got to gain the zone with speed, he cannot be allowed to start the pp rush any longer, make some bleeping adjustments. Let Willy start the rush and put Domi behind him for the dropoff if needed. Do something.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Limited Bruins to a total of 3 shots in the last two 1st periods. Unheard of. Keefe must have sold his sole to the devil to get these guys to block shots like that have in the last two games.
It's shocking. Even at the end of the game, guys were still throwing themselves in front of everything (see Matthew Knies). It's a whole different level of team defense and I don't know what he did to make them do it. I know you can play more comfortable in front of a certain goalie, that's definitely a thing, but they aren't playing more comfortable, they have a commitment to defense I don't think we've seen this year. I'd say ever under Keefe, but I actually think we had very good spells last year.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don’t know if I can handle game 7, oh man lol. I wish we could blow them out for once, but I realize that’s probably unrealistic. Game 7 is going to be insane if it will be as close as last night and game 5. Please don't break our hearts, please.
Game 7 won't be close. Boston has nothing left. The Leafs will get a couple of goals in the first and Boston will crumble from there. Probably ends 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs with a couple of empty net goals. The only question left to answer is whether Boston fires monty or keeps him.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Mo has been Bizarro Rielly, good in his own zone and terrible offensively. You've got to gain the zone with speed, he cannot be allowed to start the pp rush any longer, make some bleeping adjustments. Let Willy start the rush and put Domi behind him for the dropoff if needed. Do something.
That's coaching, not players. It's insane we haven't adjusted our power play at all (unless you count swapping Rielly to the bumper an adjustment).

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We really didn’t outplay TB last year, felt a bit fortunate to win that series honestly. This series is already for me the best iteration of a playoff team this era, we literally have dominated them 5 on 5 for almost the whole series. Now just do something on the PP ffs, thanks.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Game 7 won't be close. Boston has nothing left. The Leafs will get a couple of goals in the first and Boston will crumble from there. Probably ends 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs with a couple of empty net goals. The only question left to answer is whether Boston fires monty or keeps him.
You better have lined your pockets with money because they were all but dead after game #4 and no 34 for the rest of the series. I am not so bullish as you for game #7 but they have a 50/50 shot. Need to get the first goal to keep the Bruins reeling.

Reactions: Jojalu

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Domi and Bertuzzi are on the cusp of becoming Leafs legends if they start finishing.

Once or twice a game they team up to create a massive turnover behind Bruins net. Now they've expanded business to odd man rushes. Only drawback is hands of stone on the finish. Domi is most surprising. At that range he has elite accuracy but he's missing or not shooting.
One major change I’ve noticed is that we’ve pushed Marchand around, taken guys down behind the net and didn’t get penalized.
This is huge.

Marchand on the other hand gets called on Bertuzzi. Looks good on them.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don’t know if there is a fanbase as tortured as us, to be honest. Leafs lost 5 straight winner take all games, in consecutive years. Game 7 in 2018, game 7 in 2019, game 5 in the bubble of 2020, game 7 2021, game 7 2022. Jesus Christ. This is a huge demon this current Leafs group has to conquer.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Did the corporate ticket owners hand them out to their staff, it was very loud last night, and sustained. It's almost as if after game five the fans knew this team was finally willing to sacrifice.

Either that or the regular season ticket holders all took Friday off and hit the beer keg with a fury.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I don’t know if there is a fanbase as tortured as us, to be honest. Leafs lost 5 straight winner take all games, in consecutive years. Game 7 in 2018, game 7 in 2019, game 5 in the bubble of 2020, game 7 2021, game 7 2022. Jesus Christ. This is a huge demon this current Leafs group has to conquer.
Leafs 3-10 in elimination games prior to these playoffs. Brad's Leafs 2-0 in elimination games.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I don’t know if I can handle game 7, oh man lol. I wish we could blow them out for once, but I realize that’s probably unrealistic. Game 7 is going to be insane if it will be as close as last night and game 5. Please don't break our hearts, please.
I think a blowout is defined as one team scoring three goals. Could happen.

Get the first goal, stay out of the box and you have a good chance. The Bruins are in a tail spin and may not be able to get out of it before they hit the ground.
A power play goal wouldn’t hurt. Gawddd I wanted one with the rat in the box. So bad.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Limited Bruins to a total of 3 shots in the last two 1st periods. Unheard of. Keefe must have sold his soul to the devil to get these guys to block shots like that have in the last two games.
Boston looks like they are skating in quicksand. Can’t pass, can’t get most shots through to the net. They have zero room to move without a Leaf right on them. This is my vision. Dogs on a bone playoff hockey wins. Not fancy Dan.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
1 superstar doing what superstars should do. Willie really stepped up.
Lots of role players playing a bigger role, playing a lot if minutes and doing what role players should do.

Lots of players putting team and victory in front of self. Incredible shot blocks, taking the man, hitting, being hit without whining, pushing back, makes being a fan exciting, win or lose.
21 yr old Knies becoming a man, a force, a leader, as compared to ....
Imagine if Dubas had chosen Hyman over a certain other high paid guy
And a goaltender who looks as big, calm and cool as the guy at the other end if the ice. Wow!
Win or lose this series or the next or next, the off season is clear.

Go Leafs

Reactions: OddyOh and aingefan

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think a blowout is defined as one team scoring three goals. Could happen.

A power play goal wouldn’t hurt. Gawddd I wanted one with the rat in the box. So bad.
Marner and the Leafs could take a lesson from the Lightning PP. In most instances the puck hardly stays on Kutch's stick. Marner likes to circle the perimeter looking for the perfect pass. It clearly does not work.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You better have lined your pockets with money because they were all but dead after game #4 and no 34 for the rest of the series. I am not so bullish as you for game #7 but they have a 50/50 shot. Need to get the first goal to keep the Bruins reeling.
I'll make a bit of money, but the odds at the start of the series weren't anything special. I guess I should have waited. In any event, game 7 will be a lock. The leafa will open as pretty heavy underdogs against Florida, so there might be a good bet there.

One year has nothing to do with another. This is a very different team. Much more mature. They will put away Boston early in game 7.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marner and the Leafs could take a lesson from the Lightning PP. In most instances the puck hardly stays on Kutch's stick. Marner likes to circle the perimeter looking for the perfect pass. It clearly does not work.
Yeah, simple it up: get a lane, let it rip, get greasy.
Law of averages says it’s gotta happen one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad