Post-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sens- Preseason game 1, Tuesday September 17th 5:30, let the hockey begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Heres the quote from Babs. Its in reference to Spezza taking on a 4th line role (Got this from Lance Hornby's twitter btw) “I’m definitely going to figure it out, right? I tried lots of spots. He’s trying to figure it out if he's interested, we’re doing the same.”
didn't he make similar comments the other day? Sounds like he's not sold on Spezza at all, which is fine by me

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
+1 On Korshkov. I think he was the best Leafs forward today. Leafs defense was decent. Schmaltz stuck out to me in a good way as well. Very good puck mover, very mobile and makes the simple plays correctly majority of the times. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the 3rd pair.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I'm not sure publicly calling out a vet like Spezza and questioning his fit is a great button to push, but we'll see
That's why you do it early in preseason. If it fails, move on and don't do it again.

I'm not a Babcock fan, but I get what he trying to do.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
didn't he make similar comments the other day? Sounds like he's not sold on Spezza at all, which is fine by me

Or he trying to push different buttons to see what gets him going.

To both of these, I think he wants a 4th line center who can PK and play defensive zone roles. If Spezza can do that effectively, I think hes got the job and if not i think its given to someone else. I think these comments clearly send a message to Spezza that he needs to evolve into something different if he wants to stick

Reactions: BorntoLose

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
just got to watch the highlights.

spezza left marner out to dry, damn. move your feet dude

edit - okay on second look it was a pretty bad pass too lol

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The value depends on whether you're trying to describe something or predict something. It's a small but important difference.

No, actually the value lies in whether one cares about winning hockey games based on the score on the board, or whether you simply want to bog yourself down in useless underlying measures which don't correlate, much less result in wins...

Reactions: SAMMAN

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
No, actually the value lies in whether one cares about winning hockey games based on the score on the board, or whether you simply want to bog yourself down in useless underlying measures which don't correlate, much less result in wins...

Ah needlessly aggressive posts by Bomber about topics that aren't even interesting in the first place, now we're back in the hockey season groove

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I need a proper recap.

Do you have what it takes?
It was him:
A20C09DD-8DA7-453D-81AC-D1A9CFFF7C6B.jpeg

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
This is the weirdest I’ve seen Babcock on a player, really really hesitant on Spezza. Bizarre. They’re seeing something they don’t like. https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/babcoc...s-interested-and-we-re-doing-the-same~1781853

They're asking him to play a 4th line centre role and with that, limited upward mobility through the lineup, and PK duties.

Grunt work.

Maybe he thought he had more opportunity to contribute offensively and not just be a situational faceoff guy.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
They're asking him to play a 4th line centre role and with that, limited upward mobility through the lineup, and PK duties.

Grunt work.

Maybe he thought he had more opportunity to contribute offensively.
Spezza said he wants to play PK, seems a one way hesitation.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Yikes. We already got some hot takes after game number 1 of pre season, never change HFboards :laugh::laugh:

Is it game 1 or season 5 of the same garbage?

We may have brought in new assistants and players, but the head of the snake was never cut off. Time to axe Egocock.

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark