Pre-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Caps| Apr. 16 |On TSN at 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Knowing that we play a boatload of back to back games where we're not rested, our forwards wisely took 49 minutes of tonight's game off.

GOOD LUCK WASHINGTON.

tumblr_llq6hsLh8F1qbzfmu.gif

:laugh: bahahah this was gold.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Washington is one of those teams i genuinely dislike for some reason, maybe because of Ovi. Hope we destroy them. Also lupul?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
If we even get a point I'll be happy.

Washington is on fire lately, and the Leafs haven't won both games in a back-to-back situation all season, so I don't see us taking this one unfortunately.

If it's a loss nbd, can't win em all.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Please win this game. Please.

Nope, we need to clinch and as a person bias towards Jets; I want the Caps to take the SE title.

Not to be rude but it would take a very unrealistic series of events for the Jets to make the playoffs. I just can't see caps/rags/isles losing their spots

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Nope, we need to clinch and as a person bias towards Jets; I want the Caps to take the SE title.

Not to be rude but it would take a very unrealistic series of events for the Jets to make the playoffs. I just can't see caps/rags/isles losing their spots

Oh don't worry about being rude. They will miss the playoffs and it will be enjoyable.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
It anybody can stop them, it's us.

If we do get 2 points out of this, I can see us finishing 4th, ahead of Montreal.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Gonna be a tough game. Two teams that are both on a tear. On a back to back on the road, with most likely Scrivens starting. The team has to play better than they did today or the caps will walk right through us. They can Finish chances, unlike New Jersey.

RiellyGood

Oct 21, 2002
Visit site
whats with the beef for Winnipeg? sure, this city sucks but hey i support all of Canada except the Habs/Sens obvs. plus would rather WSH miss as they are cleary the bigger threat in the playoffs.

I digest, GLG!!! we will crush them!!:nod::yo:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
whats with the beef for Winnipeg? sure, this city sucks but hey i support all of Canada except the Habs/Sens obvs. plus would rather WSH miss as they are cleary the bigger threat in the playoffs.

What's not to dislike? I'm not sure how to express the distaste without being vile :laugh:.

We just don't get along. They're like a nagging little brother or sister.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Their fans are tools. They hate the Leafs just because they want to be included with the other Canadian team fans.

Hell, they have one poster, who's username starts with a D (that's all I will say), that always comes into our PGT/GDT when we play them and starts arguments/writes troll posts. He's also often hating on the main boards, especially in the main board Eastern Conference GDT.

Don't even get me started on their Around the League thread :laugh: Oh boy. I peaked in their once (I like to check various Around the League threads on other boards, it's cool to see what other fans think about specific teams, players, etc.), and it was just ridiculous.

Last edited:

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place

It comes down to this. The pecking order. Teams such as Ottawa/Montreal/Canucks have earned the right to pick some fun at us. Essentially they have all been better teams than us and have truthfully outplayed us over the last few years. Sens and Habs are also our major rivals so of course their is a sense of entitled hate towards us. The Jets come in guns blazing bashing on the team, the fans and our history. Here is the issue. They are the new kinds on the block, they were very under-whelming the first time around, they were pretty bad when they were the thrashers and now that they are the Jets again, it is the same routine. Play good for a stretch and then bomb out.

It just confuses me over an attempt to start a rivalry when we are not that close in comparison to Ottawa/Montreal/Buffalo/Detroit and they are about to move to the western conference come next season. It also bothers me because a majority of their fans/posters were ex leafs/habs/sens fans. There are only a few that were actual jets/Atlanta fans.

Also the whole stats crunching to prove how the Leafs will bomb out and how the Jets will steal the division title bothered A LOT of people, yet they won't come out and say "You guys have played well, we were wrong"

If the Jets outperformed the Leafs, the way the sens/habs were this season, I'd toss them their respect, I would not grasp at straws and be ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad