GDT: Leafs vs Bruins - 7PM HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s sad but they need to get matthews off that pk. I thought he had better iq but he is lost out there for pk at least.

Matthews on the PK doesn't make that much sense in practice. It puts minutes on him and he isn't a player with endless stamina. He's not that good at it, you don't need him blocking shots and his active defensive stick doesn't really get used if he's defending the zone. He's also not fast so he's not likely to counter attack. It's well meaning, but a useless experiment.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The truth is that the Bruins love playing the Leafs. They think it will be an easy night and they never feel they can't come back.

Teams need to be uncomfortable playing the Leafs, but they aren't. Maybe Leafs are slowly getting there but not far enough, especially up front.
Exactly. Four straight playoff wins I believe.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
The truth is that the Bruins love playing the Leafs. They think it will be an easy night and they never feel they can't come back.

Teams need to be uncomfortable playing the Leafs, but they aren't. Maybe Leafs are slowly getting there but not far enough, especially up front.
The players are still largely soft especially the core 5.

It took Pat Quinn 3 years here and became a GM himself to get all the guys he wanted to play the hard-nosed physical brand of hockey.

Reactions: torontoblood

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Would love to see Matthews get a couple tonight. He's been a little snakebitten lately.

IronHookem

Nov 8, 2023
Yeah, I was. Boston has fallen off. They are going to have a tough season, and my guess is we will see a coaching change at some point this season in Boston.
None of that matters when they play the Leafs, it is foolish to assume the game is over just because we scored on them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad