GDT: Leafs TV Presents: The Jagr's - Sunday, March 23rd, 7pm - Series Finale in New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'd take Budaj.

I feel bad for JR...(James Reimer),in all honestly his play in parts of this season is the only reason you guys still got a chance now.

Looking at the "Monster" Jonas Gustavsson in Detroit 15-4-3 change of city i guess can change your career...I think you guys will regret pushing James Reimer out of town.(imho)

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
One what?

Were the two goals at the beginning of the period bad goals?

First goal in the first period was a two-on-one, Reimer got there in time but couldn't glove the puck.

Pretty sure the second goal in the second period was a nice deke on a breakaway. Reimer had no chance.

Didn't see the third goal, but judging by the board's reaction, half Reimer, half defense.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Fire List:

Nonis
Carlyle.

Trade List:
Lupul
Phaneuf
Reimer
Clarkson (I wish someone was stupid enough to take his dumb contract).
Franson.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I feel bad for JR...

Looking at the "Monster" Jonas Gustavsson in Detroit 15-4-3 changed of city i guess can change your career...I think you guys will regret pushing Reimer out of town.(imho)

pushing out of town? have you watched the last 5 games? he's done all the work getting himself out of town

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
First goal in the first period was a two-on-one, Reimer was in time but couldn't glove the puck.

Pretty sure the second goal in the second period was a nice deke on a breakaway. Reimer had no chance.

Didn't see the third goal, but judging by the board's reaction, half Reimer, half defense.

Third goal was a knuckler he really should have had, but the team just let NJ waltz around with it as though they were on a PP. I think they were still rattled a bit from the gaffe on the second and were playing panicked.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
why the heck are people wanting to fire Nonis. Let him actually do some more work before you fire him. he's said... you know what forget it, whatever. It's not like he said there's still a severe amount of work to do, or he knows he has to find better support staff to surround the younger leafs, or that there isn't a lot of work to do on the defense, but he doesn't want to sacrifice the future. Yes. Let's fire him.

Some people actually expect him to pull Shea Weber out of his ass. Its mind boggling, his first season as GM we make the playoffs for the first time in eight years... In his second year we have a four game losing skid...FIRE HIM!

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
So what? Does he not make stupid plays with the puck?

Accountability starts at the top. The guy is slow, can't think fast, not nearly as physical any more, easy to cycle against.

That gives him 7M for 7 years.

We have so many players that don't give 100% but make way too much $$$.

Get rid of them.

Reimer sucks but I will be so pissed if the Leafs just blame it all on him and forget the root cause: OUR team defense SUCKS.

Reimer has sucked but we were allowing 3 goals per game before Bernier was injured too.

Major changes need to come. Carlyle and his stupid system need to get the **** out of Toronto.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
One what?

Were the two goals at the beginning of the period bad goals?

...........ehhhh

it was a bad bad play by Rielly, and Reimer got deked.
the third one was really bad though. but again defense.

it's sort of chicken and egg at this point.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
This is what you get when you have a coach with virtually no system and a pretty bad goalie. The players aren't bad players, they just don't have any direction.

HABS win CUPS*

Our fanbases has been divided on him all year. Some still think he's Jesus Christ in goalie pads. The other half figured he was a decent backup to hold onto.

Obviously both were sorely wrong.

Yea maybe a change of scene would help him tho he def hasn't had it in the last few games - same thing happened to us with Budaj having to step in for Price over an extended period he was so bad after awhile we even started Tokarski who ended up looking better than Budaj in limited ice time

Guess Carlyle really didn't want to try his #3 goalie at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad