Post-Game Talk: Leafs Stomp Tampa Bay 5-2 (Really 6-2)

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
That's the problem with those kind of stats
They're not perfect obviously, but I think it was pretty obvious that the biggest difference in this game was goaltending.

Most of our high danger chances went in and few of theirs did. We played well, but we definitely didn't destroy them.

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, I'm just saying that there is still room for improvement and we have to tidy up a few things if we want to win when our goalies dont stand on their head.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Honestly the crowd is rarely an issue when I watch live, so maybe it’s the broadcast? Today specifically they also had a reason to cheer but I mean generally
I think part of it is definitely the broadcast. I've been to a couple of games before where I saw people lamenting the crowd on the forums, but I felt it was pretty lively in-person.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Leafs87

TopCheeseShotta

Mar 1, 2020
If your willing to wait until the game is over, Amazon uploads the game and you can fast forward past the commercials
Yup - Or... I just turned on prime at 7, and hit pause.. came back an hour later and fast forwarded thru all the breaks like usual, right up to the end of the game. It was not a bad alternative to my usual recordings.

Reactions: Mike4Leafs4ever

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Honestly the crowd is rarely an issue when I watch live, so maybe it’s the broadcast? Today specifically they also had a reason to cheer but I mean generally
Yeah I agree. I was at the home opener game and so many people were complaining about it on radio and tv etc and I didn’t see it. I never do either . Up where we were sitting the atmosphere was awesome.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Woll is gonna have a hard time getting his spot back from Stolarz.

Stolarz has done a good enough job so far he deserves to remain starter. OEL and Tanev have been alright too. For the most part the offseason additions haven't been horrible I guess.

Which is about all you can expect from depth additions like these.

Knies is my new favourite Leafs player. Not only has his play improved this year he's also not a spineless wimp. Don't see him crying in the penalty box.

Hard to believe Sundin's only fifty three.

A much older Messier looked younger and in better shape. I'm fatter and balder than both. That's the difference between playing the game and sitting on your ass watching from home.

Same for Woll if he doesn't come back soon.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
TBL was actually favored in xGF and high danger chances.

What a pathetically stupid way to look at things. It is idiotic to give any credence to 'expected'. Reality is what matters, actual results, not stats used when you sim games in NHL '24.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Woll is gonna have a hard time getting his spot back from Stolarz.

Stolarz has done a good enough job so far he deserves to remain starter. OEL and Tanev have been alright too. For the most part the offseason additions haven't been horrible I guess.

Which is about all you can expect from depth additions like these.

Knies is my new favourite Leafs player. Not only has his play improved this year he's also not a spineless wimp. Don't see him crying in the penalty box.

Hard to believe Sundin's only fifty three.

A much older Messier looked younger and in better shape. I'm fatter and balder than both. That's the difference between playing the game and sitting on your ass watching from home.

Same for Woll if he doesn't come back soon.
I would like to know how it's possible to be balder than both Messier and Sundin...

• Haha
Reactions: LeafSteel

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The difference was Stolarz... The game was closer than the score showed.

I thought they played well overall but it was a Vasi stinker (he has had a lot in recent years) and Stolarz playing great.

I don't want to take away from the team because I thought for the most part they played well, but I don't think it was a 5-2 game, just like against NYR it wasn't a 4-1 game.
Just can’t admit that Tre might have built a good team…..time to let go of Dubas

What a pathetically stupid way to look at things. It is idiotic to give any credence to 'expected'. Reality is what matters, actual results, not stats used when you sim games in NHL '24.
No kidding. It just shows how stupid and irrelevant most of those fancy stats are to the actual game

Reactions: Jmo89 and LeafSteel

Moridin

Apr 8, 2007
OEL-McCabe is just a really reliable awesome pairing. No flashy BS or nonsense, just good straight forward hockey.

If we can see McCabe extended at 5-5.5M in cap hit, we will have a good defensive top 4 for this and the next 2 seasons, which is probably the ideal window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad