Dreger: Leafs still working to extend Bertuzzi (Not going to happen, Post 74)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Leafs planning to add Tanev and a Samsonov replacement and run it back again?

It’s amazing what a new coach can do. Look at Edmonton and Vancouver as an example. It’s not guaranteed to they fully expect to take the next step (let’s see if they can)

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Naw. History and the results say otherwise. Let's stick to facts.

If Marner moves it's a good signing but that D is still suspect to go with that goaltending that could go either way.

If Woll plays the entire series it’s probably a Toronto win. Brain dead Keefe went with Samsonov. Thankfully he was fired

Reactions: Smif and Strangle

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If the leafs choose Bert over Stammer the whole organization should be fired. I won’t even watch a game next year

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Not to mention several major injuries to star players lol
If Woll plays the entire series it’s probably a Toronto win. Brain dead Keefe went with Samsonov. Thankfully he was fired
THe Leafs cannot operate like this with 'what ifs' each year. They have to address actual needs rather than looking back and making wishful thinking hypotheticals.

They need help on D and should sign one of Domi or Bertuzzi UNLESS they are getting a top pairing D for Marner.

Bottom line is, they didn't win and they were out in the first round again so rolling the forward group back with raises just makes it that much easier to see their D depth fall short when it matters most.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It’s amazing what a new coach can do. Look at Edmonton and Vancouver as an example. It’s not guaranteed to they fully expect to take the next step (let’s see if they can)

I love how you guys get duped every year. "Next year will be the year" "If if if... we would have won this past season". Sure. Keep getting duped and giving them more of your money and time.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He definitely is not.
He definately is

Watched them play the whole year

He was given PP1 time and couldnt produce as much as Domi who played mostly PP2

He is one more year away from being a jounrey man if he leaves toronto onto his 4th team in a 1 year deal and it doesnt work there

Thats the reason domi got 3.75M this year and only 3.5M last year

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If they are honestly trying to bring Bertuzzi back then I imagine Berube has a significant say in this. Build the team the new coach wants and let him do his thing.

There is the concern though that the still need blueline help - even if they get Tanev - and in net. And some forward depth. Or perhaps Brad is biding his time until Tavares comes off the books (though I wouldn't be shocked if they try to bring him back too) then he's got significant cap space to address everything else.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Hopefully they don't give him more than $4 mil per. He's all right. He works hard and goes to the dirty areas. Doesn't have the greatest vision or passing ability. He gets chances, but his lack of finishing ability in the first half of last season was frustrating. I suspect he was hurt and his hands aren't as bad as they seemed in the first half. Hopefully he scores at least 20 if he's healthy next year with the linemates he'll have.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Bring the squad back, let's go!!!

Nylander, Domi, Bertuzzi... Now extend Marner, Giordano and Tavares ... AND we're all set!

No reason to change a winning formula.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
THe Leafs cannot operate like this with 'what ifs' each year. They have to address actual needs rather than looking back and making wishful thinking hypotheticals.

They need help on D and should sign one of Domi or Bertuzzi UNLESS they are getting a top pairing D for Marner.

Bottom line is, they didn't win and they were out in the first round again so rolling the forward group back with raises just makes it that much easier to see their D depth fall short when it matters most.

These posts make me laugh. Leafs have been open on aggressively trying to upgrade the D. If a deal was out there for a top pair D for Marner they would do it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
These posts make me laugh. Leafs have been open on aggressively trying to upgrade the D. If a deal was out there for a top pair D for Marner they would do it.
I'm glad they make you laugh; I also wonder what you were saying about the Leafs at the end of round one and the D.

I think they would too. But locking up cap space on middle six wingers is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad