Dreger: Leafs still working to extend Bertuzzi (Not going to happen, Post 74)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Watch the opinions of Bertuzzi turn in 3..2..

lol
Omg Leafs suck he's great and you couldn't sign him ? Noobs !

In all seriousness he really became the player I expected in the 2nd half of the season for the Leafs.

I'd take him on the Habs at a 4/5 year deal at 5.25.

If he gets closer to 6 the Leafs did well to walk away.

Means they might go after Debrusk ? Though, I haven't looked at their cap situation

• Haha
Reactions: dubey

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Send over the Calculator and it can all be sorted out real easy. He should be representing himself since Doughty managed to get the 14% with no agent and negotiating himself.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
First 1/2 of contract he played like he was in a 1.0M/yr fog.
Second half of contract he played like he was worth 4.0M/yr (5.0M/yr if he was passable defensively).
(1.0M/yr + 4.0M/yr) ÷ 2 = 2.5M/yr. He should be reimbursing the Leafs for his contract last year!
Would he snooze through 1/2 his new contract if he re-signed this year? Snooze somewhere else.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Dude was absolute ass for 90% of his time in Toronto, one of the worst skaters you'll ever see at this level.

Can't believe someone is going to give this dude over 5 mil...I hope for their sake its short term.

TopG

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Dude was absolute ass for 90% of his time in Toronto, one of the worst skaters you'll ever see at this level.

Can't believe someone is going to give this dude over 5 mil...I hope for their sake its short term.
And yet he was a top 3 player for us in the playoffs. Which is all that should matter. Have leaf fans learned nothing

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Bertuzzi wants over 5 and the Leafs are walking away? I'm shocked. I didn't think Treliving had any functional brain cells left, but apparently he had enough to make the right decision for once.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
And yet he was a top 3 player for us in the playoffs. Which is all that should matter. Have leaf fans learned nothing

Yeah his *checks notes* 1 goal in 7 games will surely be missed when Toronto goes down in the first round again losing four 2-1 and 1-0 games.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Now do his points and where it ranked him on the team

4 points in 7 games on the lowest scoring team in the Playoffs this Season.

The only player who actually produced was an injured Nylander, who literally scored our only goals in game 6 and 7.

He's part of a long, long list of players that struggled to puck the puck in the net when it matters most, so long to him, his 1 goal and 4 points in 7 games will not be missed by me.

Last edited:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
One of the most confusing players to watch, he’s like a video game make-a-pro but the guy holding the controller is having a seizure and sometimes it works out in his favor. If Ovechkin is ‘controller disconnected’, Bertuzzi is ‘controller being eaten by a pitbull’.

• Haha
Reactions: BM14 and DL44

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Trade Marner and that allows you to resign Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi brings it in the playoffs. Bertuzzi likely goes back to Boston, especially if Debrusk isn't coming back. Bertuzzi said that he never wanted to leave Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay