Confirmed with Link: Leafs signed 3 depth players -- D Dakota Mermis, D Philippe Myers and F Cédric Paré.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Interesting that Myers continues to bounce between the Lightning and Leafs organizations.

You'd think that as a 27 year old UFA, he'd have pushed for a destination that doesn't have 9 defencemen above him on the depth chart... but I guess not that many teams were willing to give him a 1-way deal.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I feel like Tre and Burke are poker buddies with this whole "size and truculence" angle lol. (though, seems like Tre's players can actually play hockey).

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Myers was definitely a player that intrigued me before. Could he really be 27 years old already? Hes going to be my dark horse Marlie to follow this year.

Never heard of the others but you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so welcome and take your best shot.

We very much deserve to find something good like another Bobby McMann.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
That's why teams do these signings. Sometimes you find something worth while. Most of the time, it's just in case you run into a lot of injuries and to bolster your AHL team.

There will legit be a battle for d-pairing spots out of training camp. Even Benoit’s spot isn’t guaranteed

Reactions: banks

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
As weird as it sounds, I’d like to see Myers tried at the wing. Both Burns and Byfuglien took the next step as offensive defensemen after spending a couple years on the wing. Myers has a similar profile as a huge RD that skate and shoot, but has struggled to really assert himself and put his tools together. Perhaps playing the other half of the ice will make things click.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies vet D
LD Mermis Rifai
RD Myers Mattinen
Prospects
LD Webber Kokkonen
RD Niemela Villeneuve Sharpe (AHL deal)
Lots of call up options.
Another bunch of older college types on AHL contracts
Pretty deep. Marlies gonna be competitive.
Edit: congrats to Pare on his first NHL deal. Big kid, improving offence. Good to keep an eye on.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Marlies vet D
LD Mermis Rifai
RD Myers Mattinen
Prospects
LD Webber Kokkonen
RD Niemela Villeneuve Sharpe (AHL deal)
Lots of call up options.
Another bunch of older college types on AHL contracts
Pretty deep. Marlies gonna be competitive.
Edit: congrats to Pare on his first NHL deal. Big kid, improving offence. Good to keep an eye on.
Webber, Myers and Hakanpaa all 6'6/6'7. Safe to say Treliving wasn't kidding when he said he wanted the team to get bigger. Pare isn't exactly small either.

Reactions: aingefan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad