Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pacioretty to a PTO (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Wonder what move they're working on. I'm hoping it starts with the most useless player and playoff performer on the team being shipped out and yes I am talking about Jarnkrok
Reaves to the AHL is the solution you just described.

I'd like for more than 1 or 2 forwards on the team to know what the defensive end looks like.

Kampf and his $2.5 traded pretty please.

Actually I wouldn’t mind moving all 3 of Kampf, Jarnkrok and Reaves so we run a cheaper 4th line with Dewar, Holmberg, and maybe Lorentz. That new 3rd line would be about 3.3 m cheaper allowing some additional cap space to go for a more impact 3rd liner at the deadline I.e a Boone Jenner or Coleman type player.

Reactions: supermann_98

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Dreger says Pacioretty has no guarantee, and has to earn a contract.

View attachment 906667
Yet he’s expected to be a mainstay as a left winger in Tre’s opinion………

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Yet he’s expected to be a mainstay as a left winger in Tre’s opinion………

“We brought Max in about a month ago for a couple of days, where he was very open to a medical exam, but also got on the ice for us,” Treliving revealed “He feels he’s had two and a half years, where he really hasn’t had the opportunity to train, it’s been (mostly) re-habbing. “Now he was able to have a full summer of training He came back last year (in Washington), jumped in halfway through the season and at the end of the year, felt he wasn’t where he wanted to be physically

I said earlier, I don't love the signing, but the bolded makes a big difference. Tearing your achilies tendon twice back to back is some real bad luck.

Reactions: weems

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
“We brought Max in about a month ago for a couple of days, where he was very open to a medical exam, but also got on the ice for us,” Treliving revealed “He feels he’s had two and a half years, where he really hasn’t had the opportunity to train, it’s been (mostly) re-habbing. “Now he was able to have a full summer of training He came back last year (in Washington), jumped in halfway through the season and at the end of the year, felt he wasn’t where he wanted to be physically

I said earlier, I don't love the signing, but the bolded makes a big difference. Tearing your achilies tendon twice back to back is some real bad luck.

Agreed a full summer of training means a lot but not sure taking an athletes opinion really means a heck of a lot, otherwise I would have been the Jays starting 2B for the last 30 years ;) . End of the day I would have preferred Tree to say something along the lines of , we put him through the paces, challenging physical testing, with our medical staff, pro scouting and our training staff and we feel he is ready to be a value player for the Leafs. I'm sure they did do some testing but for me a trained professional opinion means a lot more to me than a guy who is clinging on to a job in the NHL. I'm starting to get the impression Tree's UFA assessment is based on ancient history and not assessing the player as who they are today. Hakinpaa, Klingberg and Reaves are three that stick out as WTF are we doing signings. In the past all three were among the best at what they did but now...not so much..

Reactions: rumman

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Well, good thing is LTIR is a thing.

Could be Father Time has been trying to tell Pacioretty something?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

This us the quote I was referencing…….

can.

“We’re excited to see Max, get him up to speed. Everyone is competing for a job, but my expectation is he’s going to be with us (for the full season.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Sadly this group of acquired vets have the potential to have a IR poker tournament as opposed to the usual foursome playing euchre, hope I’m wrong, but it’s a risk. If all these vets can stay healthy I think Tre will look like a genius, if not then he’s going to look like a fool. And that’s only addressing this year, more potential in years to come. I’m not saying I don’t like the likes of Tanev and company, but it’s a high risk high reward move imo…….

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

It could be or he has just had to deal with injuries that come with the job. They can come at any age. The PTO will give the team some indication

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Actually I wouldn’t mind moving all 3 of Kampf, Jarnkrok and Reaves so we run a cheaper 4th line with Dewar, Holmberg, and maybe Lorentz. That new 3rd line would be about 3.3 m cheaper allowing some additional cap space to go for a more impact 3rd liner at the deadline I.e a Boone Jenner or Coleman type player.

That 4th line is going to get scored on a fair bit I'd think.

They should have just not signed Reaves and not traded for Dewar, they had the perfect shutdown line last year: Holmberg - Kampf - Jarnkrok.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sadly this group of acquired vets have the potential to have a IR poker tournament as opposed to the usual foursome playing euchre, hope I’m wrong, but it’s a risk. If all these vets can stay healthy I think Tre will look like a genius, if not then he’s going to look like a fool. And that’s only addressing this year, more potential in years to come. I’m not saying I don’t like the likes of Tanev and company, but it’s a high risk high reward move imo…….

They'd better hope some of their youngsters will be ready within a couple years.

Webber is already 23, Niemela 22, Rafai 26 ... anyone up for the challenge?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad