Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nikita Grebyonkin to a 3 year ELC

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
McMann had a physical component to his game and size which got him his chance

Steeved as well as hes produced hasnt been on the leafs radar for callup options really which is concering at 24 years old.

Maybe he gets a shot next year but cowan/greb/minten will be likely taking 3 spots + Reeves + McMann in the bottom 6 next year and half or so. Doesnt leave much room there for Steeves who hasnt been able to force his way onto the team
Welcome officially, Greb.

I think he’s in the mix to start next year. Lots of experience against men.

On the other hand, I’m pretty sure Easton will be in junior next year unless he blows the doors off the barn. Same thing with Minten.

And if he comes out of next year being a plug and play 3C with special teams time who’ll be a 2c in time, it’s fine by me.

It’ll spread out the ELC’s.

Im thinking - maybe hoping - Steeves has done enough to have an inside track on the 13th forward gig. See what he can do with that.

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The ELC also includes a Euro Assignment Clause according to CapFriendly. So Marlies won't be an option for him.
Does that exclude him from playing in the A?

Or is it hom negotiating to have the option to go back to the KHL if he doesn’t make the big team?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
They may as well throw this kid in.

Why not. The results will be the same. You know what actually, screw it.

Now that the Marlies are eliminated they should give everyone a shot.

The stars don't want it bad enough to even bother playing. First Nylander with a headache that just wouldn't quit. Then Matthews decided to just quit, period.

Can't fire the players.

But there's no cap in the playoffs. And Treliving did such a great job at the deadline bringing in Edmundson, Dewar, and Lyubushkin. May as well just start auditions for next year now.

Show the fans what players who really want it look like.

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
He was so injured during the playoffs reports were that he was nearly unable to walk out of the rink under his own power. Guy is an absolute gamer and the statline ignores the story

Grebyonkin was unable to walk under his own power?:rolleyes:

He certainly played injured, but let's not dramatize things.
The dude was walking around and jumping up and down at the celebration when they brought the Gagarin Cup back to Magnitogorsk.

Last edited:

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Can you imagine them actually putting the kid in? "Hey Nick, we're the blue guys. Welcome."

Looking forward to seeing him at training camp though. Or maybe in the second round if we're up a few games and they want to give someone a rest.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The ELC also includes a Euro Assignment Clause according to CapFriendly. So Marlies won't be an option for him.

Which I believe means he has some control over where he goes if not the NHL.

I do not believe it means NHL or Europe, more his choice of where he can be sent.

Make him happy in Toronto and he probably stays as it gives him opportunities with the Leafs, whereas in Europe he'd stay the season.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Would love to see the Leafs go out and sign/trade for a two-way center to slot in between Grebenkin and Nylander.
There’s Lindholm and Wennberg in FA.
Pontus in house (makings of a good line there)
And the team asking Tsyplakov if he’d like to play C.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
There’s Lindholm and Wennberg in FA.
Pontus in house (makings of a good line there)
And the team asking Tsyplakov if he’d like to play C.

Chandler Stephenson is a UFA as well.

Could there BE anymore centre options?

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Chandler Stephenson is a UFA as well.

Could there BE anymore centre options?
That’s a good one too. That guy can fly.

And I guess there’s Willy himself.

There’s definitely no shortage.

I personally like seeing one C on each line and one c/w. Good to have sone flexibility through the line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad