Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If he can play in Pk and have an impact in the defensive end, he will be 100% sure in leafs top 9

He was too much unidimentionnal by the past but looking much better without the puck

Too much excitement over preseason games?

Great that he looked okay defensively, and very good offensively.

Looking forward to seeing the line-up on Tuesday when they have to be compliant.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

Looking forward to seeing the line-up on Tuesday when they have to be compliant.

Just like previous years, Robertson is still going to have to adapt to a role. He’s scored in the pre-season with first line ice time, deployment, and PP time. He won’t get that during the season.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
5 goals in pre-season, a one man wrecking ball, speedy, motivated, price-effective contract...yet he wants to be traded.
I think it’s safe to say his relationship with Keefe was piss poor to say the least. Perhaps he blamed upper management for allowing it to continue.

Just like previous years, Robertson is still going to have to adapt to a role. He’s scored in the pre-season with first line ice time, deployment, and PP time. He won’t get that during the season.
Who is going to replace Robertson on the PP? Jarnkrok? He has the second or third best shot on the team and will get some PP minutes this year. They desperately need another shooter on the PP aside from Matthews.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

If he takes a step forward, and moves up a line, so 2nd. line, he'll be facing better players.

I mention Gallagher earlier, and he scored well in limited ice time, when they doubled his ice time he improved offensively, but he did not double production.

There might be some who believe if he gets double the ice time, his production will double.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
IMO, you don't become a PPG player, year after year, without playing with players who are PPG.

Right now there are two options:

marner or Nylander.

I think marner is already under contract to Matthews.
True. But in limited time in the AHL he’s been a point a game player according to the stats posted, probably in junior too. So maybe his skill set will translate to the NHL and eventually he does it there.

Since the day I first saw him, his shot was elite so I hope it gets better with experience.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
True. But in limited time in the AHL he’s been a point a game player according to the stats posted, probably in junior too. So maybe his skill set will translate to the NHL and eventually he does it there.

Since the day I first saw him, his shot was elite so I hope it gets better with experience.

It isn't as simple as doubling ice time, doubling production.
I would think an increase, but perhaps not a liner increase.

Again, Gallagher in Montreal.

1728091733737.png

Reactions: Nineteen67

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

offensively never really been an issue in his case, the problem was when he was unable to score... he became useless for the team and i never saw robertson as good in defendive

But i told it this summer than someone who could benefit of Berube would be robertson and marner

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad