Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
One thought crossed my mind...did he go out there and have the pre-season of his life to try to gain attention, ideally resulting in the Leafs receiving better offers so that he can get his trade request fulfilled?

I've liked his game in pre-season, winning battles more and of course the scoring is nice, pk an added bonus.

Reactions: bax

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One thought crossed my mind...did he go out there and have the pre-season of his life to try to gain attention, ideally resulting in the Leafs receiving better offers so that he can get his trade request fulfilled?

I've liked his game in pre-season, winning battles more and of course the scoring is nice, pk an added bonus.
I don't think so, he just looks like his game has matured a bit.

Reactions: horner

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Absolutely what we should expect! He’s a bit of a victim of early hype, but he’s actually developing quite nicely.

1728066126055.png

Still only 23.

tenacious forechecker.
which we need on our slow team.

Nylander is the only core guy with speed.

Reactions: LeafGrief

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Unfortunate but he's probably playing Wednesday.

Maintenance day. A bunch of guys are hurt already.

Pre season is too long.

I saw they're talking about 4 pre season games and 84 regular in the future. I'd rather that than more pre season.

Agreed and I think he played through injury yesterday and looked great. I think he solidified his position and they are just being precautionary

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

The thing is.. that is the way he plays all the time. He just is 100% in, all the time. In some ways he's even had to dial it back a bit.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The thing is.. that is the way he plays all the time. He just is 100% in, all the time. In some ways he's even had to dial it back a bit.

Yes, he's gotten strong enough for that style to be a bit more effective now versus just getting planted on his ass in the corner.

I don't care either way as long as the team is good but as I said, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad