Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Robertson (1 year, $875k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I've never been a big fan for the same reasons as others who have felt the same, but I can't see how he's denied a spot on the roster after this camp.

If Berube prefers others over him in the top 9, fine, then trade Nick to a team that will give him that spot. He's earned that much.

Reactions: banks

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Can't do much more in a preseason game than be the best player on the ice. I don't think there was ever much doubt that he'd make the team if he was here, but he does have to fight for his coach's confidence and his place in the pecking order for when the opportunities come.

Tbh, unless he takes a massive leap in development this year (fingers crossed) and proves to be a 30g threat, I don't think he's long for the Leafs. He's probably an NHL'er and even a middle sixer, but there's a big difference between a middle sixer on weak team versus a contender. That said, regardless of what his future holds, he's making peanuts this year and having some scoring depth is a great tool to have in the coach's toolbox.

Robertson is a guy that we're all cheering for. He works hard out there and has the pieces to be a player. Hope he does it with us.
I’m agree, I don’t know if he’s a fit on a contender today, but where the Leafs are he’s worth keeping to see what the new coaching staff can do.
Taking a chance on his upside is worth more than what they can get in a trade or if they let him walk.

Reactions: LeafGrief and banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I’m agree, I don’t know if he’s a fit on a contender today, but where the Leafs are he’s worth keeping to see what the new coaching staff can do.
Taking a chance on his upside is worth more than what they can get in a trade or if they let him walk.

Agreed.

In fact, I'd say if Robertson can't be a useful player on the Leafs' roster, then that's on the coaching staff. He's got the tools and the drive, so management has to put him in a position to succeed, or they've wasted an asset.

I've been a fan since he first got some playoff games in back in 2020. I think he can get 25-30 goals this coming year.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Agreed.

In fact, I'd say if Robertson can't be a useful player on the Leafs' roster, then that's on the coaching staff. He's got the tools and the drive, so management has to put him in a position to succeed, or they've wasted an asset.

I've been a fan since he first got some playoff games in back in 2020. I think he can get 25-30 goals this coming year.
It really boils down to what he can do in the playoffs. It feels like they’re going to re-sign Marner so every player they sign has to help overcome that decision. If Robertson can’t handle the playoffs then 30 goals in the regular season is irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad