Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Liljegren to 2 year extension 3M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
True I suppose its kind of asset management. I think Lily can improve his game quite a bit. If he cannot play Berube style he will be dealt. But I think his trade value will improve under Berube so we can get something decent back for him if for some reason he doesn't pan out. I do think he will improve quite significantly under Berube does that mean he will stick around or not I am not sure..,
Yes, I was thinking that if Berube thinks he’s someone who can improve, then he was worth resigning.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I wish the Leafs would have looked at the Habs RHD that the devils got today .

I like Lilly but that’s a high cap hit for a 5/6 th D

Reactions: Al14

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: Al14 and dubey

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Dollars to doughnuts Berube reviewed his body of work and was fine with this.

Yes, the new coach would have input ... d'ohhh he's the one working with these guys every day.
Berube must have missed the video of him getting caved in the corners and being a total p***y in front of his net because that’s not Berube hockey.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
For what this is worth...

""

A great argument against analytics and for actually watching him play.

Benoit can’t run a power play. Lilly showed he could when Rielly was suspended. That’s why the pay difference.
And Benoit can defend better, knock opponents on their ass, clear the net front and drop the gloves if need be none of which Liljegren can do.

Reactions: ToneDog

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This guy sucks, especially at 3M

He’s way too unreliable, he can look solid with infinite time and space and soft play

He’s too timid, soft, stupid, and lacking skills to actually do anything

This is 1.5M too much for any team, and 3M too much for us

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
What has Morgan Rielly done to earn 250% more cap hit?? $3M for a budding top 4 dman is peanuts
Neither have done enough to deserve their contracts and are defensive liabilities who routinely get caught out of position and manhandled. This is a stop gap signing given their defense is part of a two year rebuild using the $22M coming off the books next season.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
He was literally our best player on a team with 4 11M players just two playoffs ago and put up 68 points in ‘22 and 58 points this year. Grasping at straws, ya someone is. Lilly plays against inferior competition with massive oz starts and Rielly plays against the best every single night. Not even comparable.
Both are bad defensively and useless in front of their net. Lilly has the additional feature of getting manhandled in the corners and muscled off the puck. Neither think the game with Rielly constantly caught out of position and Lilly making rushed passes to nobody. Need to bring in better players with bigger hearts and harder shots.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011

And Benoit can defend better, knock opponents on their ass, clear the net front and drop the gloves if need be none of which Liljegren can do.
No one is giving Lilly 6M? How is that a projection lmao

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
lol at trying to use Rielly as a way to “prop up” this crap contract

No comparable, rielly was a top producing dman at age 23

Liljegren is a mediocre player at age 24

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
What he said in second part is possible. The first part is idiotic (lijegren played all but one game vs Boston and that one scratch was just keefe trying to shoehorn the ghost of TJ brodie into the lineup), but looking at who tweeted it, not surprising. Bunkis is awful
“Scratched every playoffs” is completely accurate.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

In case you haven’t noticed offense is considered more valuable in determining player salaries than defense. Benoit is also limited by his skating thus limiting his ice time whereas Lilly could play 25 minutes if necessary like he did when Rielly was suspended.

Reactions: aingefan and arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2