Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Jani Hakanpaa - 2 years 1.5M AAV (in progress)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I mean, it's not. The price of bottom pairing defensemen varies wildly, from league minimum to like 5m.
For Hakanpaa's performance, impact, skillset, and age, 1.5 is pretty standard, and what he got last time too. It not being a horrific overpay does not make it a discount.

I'm not. I actually said I liked the signing, before learning of this injury news. We just shouldn't be misrepresenting it as a discount.

Let's see if he signs, and what happens if he does. If he plays the way he did in prior years... I will argue we paid a discount to what others did, to receive about the same thing.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Let's see if he signs, and what happens if he does. If he plays the way he did in prior years... I will argue we paid a discount to what others did, to receive about the same thing.
If he signs, and plays, and regains his form, he'll be paid less than some bottom pairing defensemen that perform equal or worse, and more than some bottom pairing defensemen that perform equal or better. His impact will be about the amount he is paid, which is the same as the amount he was past last time. In other words, a pretty average contract. Hopefully the injury smoke is just more nonsense from Simmons, and not Treliving fumbling his injury risk assessments again.

• Haha
Reactions: Jmo89

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The title of the thread says "Confirmed with Link"
Is the link not passing all the tests?
The link is to Dregger's tweet - usually good enough for confirmation, but maybe not official pending a medical check. I doubt it is an attempt at nefarious conduct. It is one possibility of course, but there are more probable benign circumstances.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The link is to Dregger's tweet - usually good enough for confirmation, but maybe not official pending a medical check. I doubt it is an attempt at nefarious conduct. It is one possibility of course, but there are more probable benign circumstances.
Usually an insider tweet about breaking news is proof that it passed the tests about it being reliable, but it maybe was to complicated for some.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Wasn't implying anything but the title and the tweet don't say the same thing.

How come no media types are talking about this not being official yet?
That's the puzzling part.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Listened to Mirtles podcast. He thinks it'll be fine. Said he might not be ready to start the year but should be back in a reasonable time frame afterwards

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Attachments

• 1720037685109.png
    1720037685109.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 1

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
How come no media types are talking about this not being official yet?
Nick Alberga talks about him all the time and even has a nickname for him, he calls him Hawks, when he says it though it sounds like he's "hawking up a loogie."

Still though it's a lot more colorful then when he calls Noah Gregor "Gregg's, or Greggsie, or sometimes buddy or buds"

I can't figure out how Rosehill doesn't reach over and slap the stupid off his face.

Reactions: DarkKnight

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Bone on bone in the knee means a complete knee replacement. That's a long recovery, even for an athlete.
Bone on bone isn’t good, but plenty of people can function without cartilage in the knee, it’s arthritis developing that’s the real problem with bone on bone……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad