Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign defenceman Jani Hakanpää (1 year, $1.47M) (official)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
b76cb657e49bf9e783c48bfac7ae4941b0efebc5.gifv

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Signing a guy with a cooked knee to a 1 year contract and letting Liljergen go as a result would be a horrendous move. I'm hoping that doesn't happen and they keep the defensive core as is outside of moving Timmins

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Liljergen
OEL - Hakanpaa

We finally the semblance of a balanced defensive core. Definitely makes no sense to do that.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Makes perfect sense... we had 7 NHL D and some young guys who could fill in if injuries happen and get some experience so we went out and signed a 32 year old with a bad knee coming off a long layoff.

Reactions: KitchenSink

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Let’s hope he’s healthy snd can be the monster we all hoped he’d be when this fiasco started……

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
First, before we move anyone, or pencil in lineups, there doesn't appear to be anything noting that he's fully healthy, and ready to play in Game 1... Unless I've missed it. He might be, or he could be on LTIR on day 1.

Second, depending on his health, it's completely feasible that Benoit and Hakanpaa go in and out of the lineup.

If someone is moved, it's Timmins, though his cap can be buried by putting him on waivers, and sending him down.

With a 22 man roster, (13F, 7D, 2G) we are below the cap, according to;

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Signing a guy with a cooked knee to a 1 year contract and letting Liljergen go as a result would be a horrendous move. I'm hoping that doesn't happen and they keep the defensive core as is outside of moving Timmins

Rielly - Tanev
McCabe - Liljergen
OEL - Hakanpaa

Who said anything about giving Liljegren away? You make a hockey deal and get a young center. As of today I’m not sure Liljegren is cracking the playoff roster if all dmen are healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00