Proposal: Leafs-Sens

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The sens have two solid centers with a need at RW coming up with giroux getting older. Leafs need a younger center to eventually take over for Tavares. Leafs also need more puck moving offensive d and the sens could use another solid RD.

To
Leafs
Norris
Chychurn
Sens 2nd in 24

To
Sens
Marner extended
Liljegren
Kampf

I think this deal could help both teams especially if Norris can bounce back.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
The Leafs won't want Norris, he isn't moveable until he shows he is healthy and back to playing at his cap hit.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm a Sens fan and the first thing that jumps at me is why in the world would the Leafs do that trade?

Norris is always injured and has almost no value in a trade. He's had 3-4 massive shoulder injuries.

Chychrun is on the last year of his deal and had a very average year.

Marner wouldn't sign in Ottawa, I don't think anyways.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Chychrun seems like a problem child. Admittedly he had two of the worst stops where players are consistently unhappy but I get the feeling he’ll be one of those difficult to re-sign players. With a coach like Berube the last thing you want is a pending free agent with a reputation. Also both he and Norris are frequently injured guys

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Chychrun seems like a problem child. Admittedly he had two of the worst stops where players are consistently unhappy but I get the feeling he’ll be one of those difficult to re-sign players. With a coach like Berube the last thing you want is a pending free agent with a reputation. Also both he and Norris are frequently injured guys
As a Coyote fan, I disagree with what you said about Chychrun. He didn't initially ask to be traded from the Coyotes, it was GMBA telling JC that he was getting a lot of calls and asked JC if he was okay with the rebuild, then later getting injured right before the trade deadline... like to see him back in Utah!

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Jeez how generous. A soft af D who can't find his own end and a guy who is headed for LTIRetirement for an extended Marner ++

Feb 5, 2016
Jeez how generous. A soft af D who can't find his own end and a guy who is headed for LTIRetirement for an extended Marner ++
It would make it even since Ottawa would be getting back an overpriced soft af RWer who can’t find the net in the playoffs and a guy playing as a bottom pairing defender that barely hung on to his roster spot, that’s also due for a new contract.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It would make it even since Ottawa would be getting back an overpriced soft af RWer who can’t find the net in the playoffs and a guy playing as a bottom pairing defender that barely hung on to his roster spot, that’s also due for a new contract.

Sens fans shouldn't even be talking playoffs. Marner would actually let you guys play meaningful games past November each year

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Both clubs would hate this do it must be fair. Zero chance Marner waives for a Canadian market though.

Feb 5, 2016
Sens fans shouldn't even be talking playoffs. Marner would actually let you guys play meaningful games past November each yI agree Sens fans shouldn’t be talking playoffs
Good thing I’m not a Sens fan then, I’m not on speaking terms with any Sens fans but I agree they shouldn’t be talking playoffs.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Marner seems like a problem child. Admittedly he had two of the worst Playoff performances from a supposed "star" forward., but I get the feeling he'll bounce back once he's out of Matthews' and Nylanders' shadow.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Senators would pass, they wouldn’t want Marner and his demands or soft play, who doesn’t take criticism well.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Depends what Marner wants out of his career, if he wants to stay in this part of Ontario since its near his family and friends then going to Ottawa is the next best thing to Toronto.
Ottawa would want no part in giving him $12 million, let the flyers give 12+ million.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Marner can't extend before the draft. I think a hand shake agreement is a bit risky for team trading under the assumption he signs. Seems like this would take place during free agency and not for this years draft picks. Unless Marner is traded with the hopes of an extension and not some hand-shaken agreement that could back fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad