GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Robertson's dog on bone work ethic has always been visible. Even watching Boston series back, I would sit up and say whose that, when he got his rare shift. Keefe is just an idiot of a coach.

Berube praising work ethic and rewarding it, while also calling out the cute non-compete play of the certain "core" players is great. Hes slowly making it about the crest on the front again and making it known that everyone is important on this team. Berube has alot of damage to undo do but it's great to see.

This board will eat up anything anyone says if it is something they want to hear.

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The biggest problem with Jarnkrok is he brings almost absolutely nothing in the playoffs. He brings value in the regular season for sure, but his whole career he disappears in the playoffs.

5 goals and 17 assists for 22 points in 93 career playoff games.

He averages 16 goals over 82 games in the regular season.

He averages 4 goals over 82 games in the playoffs.

While he does bring value in the regular season it's value we can live without. There's a chance whoever we replace him with for the season can contribute more in the playoffs.

It really is going to depend on who they plan on playing him with. If somehow Nylander and Domi end up being line mates, they'll need a Jarnkrok type player with them. Those two guys are good enough offensively, that they SHOULD be fine in the playoffs. They aren't the best defensive players though.

But, we need a replacement first. McMann is actually a decent defensive player as well. You'd have to give him a shot there. Outside of McMann, there just isn't a guy who can play that role on this roster....

Knies Matthews Marner
McMann Nylander Domi
Patches Tavares Robertson/Grebenkin
Holmberg/Kampf/Grebenkin/Dewar/Reaves

Now, if Nylander and Domi aren't a think, that's a different story.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Robertson's dog on bone work ethic has always been visible. Even watching Boston series back, I would sit up and say whose that, when he got his rare shift. Keefe is just an idiot of a coach.

Berube praising work ethic and rewarding it, while also calling out the cute non-compete play of the certain "core" players is great. Hes slowly making it about the crest on the front again and making it known that everyone is important on this team. Berube has alot of damage to undo do but it's great to see.

I dunno about Robertson. His work rate is high but it’s often busy busy. And what’s worse is the busy busy takes him out of position from unleashing his one great weapon. I’m definitely not a fan but let’s see if it works out for him.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This board will eat up anything anyone says if it is something they want to hear.

Isn't that typical?

Even if Robertson doesn't work out, Berube is making anyone who puts in the effort and competes matter to this team. That's something Keefe never did, and it's no secret.

Let me remind you: in Keefe's very first practice, he told his players to "play to their god-given talents."

Yes, their "god-given talents." And from what I've heard, Marner interpreted that as "play to your talents, gods."

• Haha
Reactions: CabanaBoy5

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Isn't that typical?

Even if Robertson doesn't work out, Berube is making anyone who puts in the effort and competes matter to this team. That's something Keefe never did, and it's no secret.

Let me remind you: in Keefe's very first practice, he told his players to "play to their god-given talents."

Yes, their "god-given talents." And from what I've heard, Marner interpreted that as "play to your talents, gods."

Never heard that from Keefe, but it is literally just saying "play as well as you can" aka "try your hardest".

It's saying the same thing just in a stupid way.

Reijo

Sep 22, 2024
We are so much more talented and more powerful than them is. Our strength now is also in our coach. He brought the new blood in. Now they taking blood out. Like in the movie. We are so ready and deep for this season. This one is ours, not THEIRS!!! :clap:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It really is going to depend on who they plan on playing him with. If somehow Nylander and Domi end up being line mates, they'll need a Jarnkrok type player with them. Those two guys are good enough offensively, that they SHOULD be fine in the playoffs. They aren't the best defensive players though.

But, we need a replacement first. McMann is actually a decent defensive player as well. You'd have to give him a shot there. Outside of McMann, there just isn't a guy who can play that role on this roster....

Knies Matthews Marner
McMann Nylander Domi
Patches Tavares Robertson/Grebenkin
Holmberg/Kampf/Grebenkin/Dewar/Reaves

Now, if Nylander and Domi aren't a think, that's a different story.
Why not Pontus?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
We are so much more talented and more powerful than them is. Our strength now is also in our coach. He brought the new blood in. Now they taking blood out. Like in the movie. We are so ready and deep for this season. This one is ours, not THEIRS!!! :clap:
Is this who I think it is?

Reactions: bax

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
These guys is mean like Matt Modine on a vision quest

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Welcome back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad