GDT: Leafs @ Sens - 7:00 CBC - Part II

Tonight's MVP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Picking Sparks was the right move at the time, but holy hell has crapped the bed since

Hes a sieve and he looks awful at the same time.
SEEMED like an ok decision at the time considering age. Now in hindsight, terrible decision. Mcbackup had a better preseason but Dubas decided to keep Sparks due to age/potential. And because of his AHL year. Still McBackup was proven NHL backup.

Reactions: Loosie

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’m kind of glad they didn’t somehow come back in this game.

This team needs a good ass kicking and losing to the worst team in hockey can hopefully provide some sort of reflection.
The leafs have had a lot of ass kickings they should have learned from. They just dont care

great

Apr 14, 2018
It’s the system guys, they’re forced to play a system that doesn’t match their skill

Reactions: Al14

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Isles game was one of the most embarrassing game I have watched in my life. They were man handled, pushed around and destroyed

This game is just a bad game. Be prepared to see games like isles. The secret is out, we too soft and fragile

And they still have one more game to play in Long Island too.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Um, because Freddy struggles with large workloads and injuries and our backup needs to be able to at least not embarrass himself every time he hits the ice.

I'll never understand why people care so much about defending certain players and staff like a cult supporter.

Whats funny is if you go into my post history and look for Sparks you'll see nothing except me fighting off other Leaf fans about how I don't think he'll be a good NHL player because his style of play is ridiculous.

I'm not protecting Sparks, I just believe Dubas was put it a tough spot with 3 goalies that needed waivers and 1 spot, and he made the proper choice at the time.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
lol Gary Galley just said the Sens are a last place team, and traded all there stars and put 6 spot on the leafs should be humbling, this team is finished.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
To be fair even McElhinney had terrible rebound control but he was never this stupid and generally played a safe game. Sparks doesn’t have talent and tries to pull off weird crap like that.

He tried to deflect that puck out of the rink but missed big time. No reason to try that on a puck that isn’t coming directly at you.

This is it. And McElhinney "swims" a lot too but he battles much harder and recovers when he is out of position faster at his age than even the younger Sparks. He's just a more cerebral player than Sparks and probably more athletic too.

I don't know why some posters are getting so up in arms about points being made that some of us wanted McElhinney because we've already seen him not only play successfully in the NHL, as a BACKUP, but also for our team that clearly has struggled with defensive issues in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad