Confirmed with Link: Leafs qualify Robertson, Steeves, Dewar and Liljegren; Gregor not qualifed

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Only Dewer and Robertson are worth keeping. The rest are beating a horse into dust.

Reactions: rumman

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Although Gregor had some utility with his speed on the penalty kill, he was going to be in tough to play every regular season and playoff game here. Steeves might have been an interesting choice to qualify just because he'll now require waivers IIRC. Qualifying the remainder of the lot had to have been an easy decision.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
what Mack signed for.... at max
If he would accept that. Then we would question his want to get better. Only 1 Mac so once he's here be you have 31 teams wanting the next best thing. Now not 1 team is created equal so each will offer different incentives and money values.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I actually think we have more than enough evidence at this point to conclude that there may be an attitude issue at play here which could have contributed to where he found himself with Keefe

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Leafs still hold the cards with Robertson but curious about Sleeves since he hasn't signed to go overseas. Is he someone worth a two-way contract for organizational depth or is there a better opportunity elsewhere?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Still don’t understand Robertson’s thought process and timing here.

Completely understandable frustration with being bounced around and being sent down to keep guys like Malgin around, and an idiot coach in Keefe.

…… but now he has a prime chance to pull a 2LW opportunity with a new coach and a clean slate with him.

Now is when you go and take the spot you think you’ve earned. If he thinks he’s owed anything else then he needs better representation making it clear he hasn’t earned anything beyond an opportunity.

Been pulling for him and hoping he pulls it together, but if he wants out because he’s unhappy with the opportunity that he has ahead of him here, then he needs to move on.

Interested to see what happens.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Still don’t understand Robertson’s thought process and timing here.

Completely understandable frustration with being bounced around and being sent down to keep guys like Malgin around, and an idiot coach in Keefe.

…… but now he has a prime chance to pull a 2LW opportunity with a new coach and a clean slate with him.

Now is when you go and take the spot you think you’ve earned. If he thinks he’s owed anything else then he needs better representation making it clear he hasn’t earned anything beyond an opportunity.

Been pulling for him and hoping he pulls it together, but if he wants out because he’s unhappy with the opportunity that he has ahead of him here, then he needs to move on.

Interested to see what happens.

I believe this is actually the second trade request he's made..I might be mistaken, but I think it came out retroactively that he may have asked for one last year too (though to be fair I may be completely misremembering but I'm pretty sure Mirtle talked about it once on his podcast).

So it might be the case of the player simply being done with the organization.

An odd situation nonetheless

Reactions: LeafSteel

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I believe this is actually the second trade request he's made..I might be mistaken, but I think it came out retroactively that he may have asked for one last year too (though to be fair I may be completely misremembering but I'm pretty sure Mirtle talked about it once on his podcast).

So it might be the case of the player simply being done with the organization.

An odd situation nonetheless
I can get the frustration before.

I just hope he recognizes it’s a completely different set of circumstances and opportunity that he has ahead of him now.

He’s been tenacious and relentless in working his way back from injury after injury.

I hope he brings the same resolve and forces his way into a top 9 role.

If he can’t do so, then that needs to be addressed, one way or another.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Toronto has never been able to shop him around while he's on a high.

He's never going to play in the top 6 unless there's an injury.

He has no special ability like driving a line, penalty killing, etc.

I'm afraid he's going to have to sit down for the time being.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I actually think we have more than enough evidence at this point to conclude that there may be an attitude issue at play here which could have contributed to where he found himself with Keefe

He comes across as a "chip on his shoulder" lone wolf kind of personality.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8