Prospect Info: Leafs Pick - #95 - Jesper Lindgren - Defense - SWE 5' 11" / 161

champs*

160lbs... this kid must be special or have a ton of upside, will keep an eye on this kid. will he be in the wjc?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
So you know how many times Hunter has seen the player?

Well then, my apologies.

I'm making assumptions, just like when you said Morrison made a trip or two.

Would it make sense for Hunter to be spending a bunch of time in Europe when they have dedicated European scouts on staff?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
160lbs... this kid must be special or have a ton of upside, will keep an eye on this kid. will he be in the wjc?

I doubt he will make it this year, but for next year's tournament he should have a good chance (assuming he continues to develop & stays healthy).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You probably shouldn't admit to never watching him, and then looking at his stats without knowing his situation, to downplay him.

I'm pretty sure he was just asking for clarification
If not, I'd like clarification on why he's struggling so much from someone who watches him play. thanks

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
I'm pretty sure he was just asking for clarification
If not, I'd like clarification on why he's struggling so much from someone who watches him play. thanks

He is been put in a situation to fail. In the SHL he plays as an extra Dman (approx 8min/game)

He is a skill player playing with checkers, grinders and plugs

I wish either they keep him with the U20 team or ship him to another team (or marlies)

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You probably shouldn't admit to never watching him, and then looking at his stats without knowing his situation, to downplay him.

Relax... why do you assume he is downplaying him? How do you know the tone in which he wrote that line?

I've been on this board a long time, and how often people try to spin words, so they can be implied in a bad fashion is getting just plain annoying.

why do some posters assume that everyone has the time in their life to spend rereading, rewriting, then proofreading every post....concerned on whether it is interpreted the right way by everyone who reads it....

I read that post like this:

Can anyone that has seen him play, provide some insight, because his stats don't look very promising.

What's so bad about that?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Relax... why do you assume he is downplaying him? How do you know the tone in which he wrote that line?

I've been on this board a long time, and how often people try to spin words, so they can be implied in a bad fashion is getting just plain annoying.

why do some posters assume that everyone has the time in their life to spend rereading, rewriting, then proofreading every post....concerned on whether it is interpreted the right way by everyone who reads it....

Can anyone that has seen him play, provide some insight, because his stats don't look very promising.

It's not a big deal. I just found it funny how he asked if anyone has seen him (which assumes he hasn't, so he wouldn't know what Jesper's situation is) and then proceeds to box score watch, and write a useless "yikes" again not knowing any context to his situation as Highlander pointed out.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It's not a big deal. I just found it funny how he asked if anyone has seen him (which assumes he hasn't, so he wouldn't know what Jesper's situation is) and then proceeds to box score watch, and write a useless "yikes" again not knowing any context to his situation as Highlander pointed out.

The way the poster wrote it, comes of humorous and fun to me... And as you mentioned, he even admits to never seeing him play. Also why is it bad that he says yikes? His stats suck... Hence the reason he's asking for an opinion on his play by someone whose watched him play... He wants to know if his stats reflect his on ice play.

I see it all the time on the boards....especially with prospects.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Good post. Getting more than a little annoying frankly.

champs*

Has anyone gotten a chance to see him? 17gp 0 points -7. Yikes.

was an 18 year old d-man playing in SHL but has now moved to the MODO Hockey J20 SuperElit. Good read below on him :laugh::laugh:

"Possible first round sleeper who has come out of nowhere with eye-popping skating, skills and swashbuckling offensive skills. An aggressive offensive player you will jump up in pinches and fake defenders to him and place the puck to an opponent or simply freeze the defender and blow on by. Incredibly cool and confident, with legs and moves that sometimes don’t work, but cause defenders to think about what they might encounter on the next touch. He has elusive puck control that isn’t going to ever stay back if he has an inkling he can make a play. His feet let him get back when the puck is turned over in transition. A bold gunslinger who needs to get stronger, bigger and continue to progress. Displays Karlsson-like attributes and seems on a quick developmental track to the first round if there is a team looking willing to take the chance to watch him progress"

--Bill Placzek--

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Has anyone gotten a chance to see him? 17gp 0 points -7. Yikes.

I streamed one of the Sweden games this summer in the 4 nations tourney vs. Russia. He was terrible in that game. On for 3 goals I believe. Didn't see much ice in the 3rd period. One game. He had offensive flair and desire but terrible defensive skills. One game.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Lindgren was loaned to Björklöven of the Allsvenskan, apparently he will dress for their game today. Hopefully this will give him an opportunity to get some decent ice time for his development, because 8-10 mins a game really isn't enough.

http://www.bjorkloven.com/artikel/gdtvaiira-2e4ad/

They must have seen something in his game. These picks are usually safe because of our European scout.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Any updates on this kid?

He's played a handful of games with Bjorkloven, he's got a couple points.

Lindgren is still incredibly young at 18 years old but he's already too good for the U20 league.

Swedish fans expect him to be on the WJC team next December.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
He's played a handful of games with Bjorkloven, he's got a couple points.

Lindgren is still incredibly young at 18 years old but he's already too good for the U20 league.

Swedish fans expect him to be on the WJC team next December.

Great to hear, thanks! :thumbu:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Fans didn't run him out of town, it was more Burkes lack of patience

The Leafs made the Stralman trade because they needed a second round pick, to complete a deal with Boston (might have been Chicago)/

How can anyone question doubt Burke's hockey mind? He kept on telling Leaf fans that he knew more than anyone, anywhere, anytime.;)

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The Leafs made the Stralman trade because they needed a second round pick, to complete a deal with Boston (might have been Chicago)/

How can anyone question doubt Burke's hockey mind? He kept on telling Leaf fans that he knew more than anyone, anywhere, anytime.;)

IIRC it was our pick that we had traded earlier, which we had to get back in order to present the threat of an offer sheet when trying to trade for Kessel.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Any updates?

He is still 18 years old. He's a prospect you pick and stash for a few years before bringing him over to the AHL.

He played 30 games in the professional leagues in Sweden and the rest of it with the U20 team. Lindgren played a couple playoff games with the junior club (MODO) but didn't put up any points.

You can expect him to spend the vast majority of next season with the SHL club and he will almost certainly make the Swedish team for the WJC.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
He might stay with Modo and play in the allsvenskan, seeing how they got relegated yesterday.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He is still 18 years old. He's a prospect you pick and stash for a few years before bringing him over to the AHL.

He played 30 games in the professional leagues in Sweden and the rest of it with the U20 team. Lindgren played a couple playoff games with the junior club (MODO) but didn't put up any points.

You can expect him to spend the vast majority of next season with the SHL club and he will almost certainly make the Swedish team for the WJC.

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad