Prospect Info: Leafs pick - #61 - Jeremy Bracco, Right Wing, United Stated NTDP, USHL 5-10 173lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
In my opinion this is an excellent decision by Bracco and a brave one. He is now playing in the fish-bowl that is what we call leafs nation. He goes from out of sight out of mind to garnering a lot more fan and media attention. He is going to immerse himself in what it is to play and be a part of an original six market. He is now an hour commute from the acc and the mastercard center. Do not think for a second that the leafs arent going to have their hands all over him. *See Marner taking in our last game with 3 other London knights. He will be able to focus on his trade (professional hockey player) and not have the other distractions of the *school life* . Do not get me wrong, i agree that getting an education is extremely important as there is always life after hockey, however most of us have gone to college/university and can agree that we weren't always at school.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
well im no calc major, but Id say his production is up by 3.3x! 2ppg in OHL vs .6ppg in college :laugh: :naughty:

that sample size though :P

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
For some scouts character is very important competent in draft selection and player evaluation process.

Lets hope that he matures over time, but often as the saying goes "a Leopard never changes its spots".

Will be interesting to see if his attitude issues cause any problems now that he is in Kitchener or if he grows out of these entitlement/arrogance issues.

Lets all hope that his attitude never changes.....he is out to prove the hockey world that small players can play at any level.

His attitude only became a concern when he was left off the World Jr roster....he was pissed and in my opinion he had a dam good reason to be pissed.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
His commitment attributes and teammate loyalty attributes took a hit after this one though. Theres no denying that.

I completely disagree. I feel this move shows a great commitment to his future with the leafs vs committing 4 years to BU. Sure his team-mates at BU are disappointed, but hes clearly putting his NHL future ahead of anything else at this point. As a leaf fan i personally feel this is great news, hes not shying away from the spotlight.

Shwaguy*

It's like I've said multiple times. Bracco's #1 Commitment is not BU or Kitchener.

His #1 Commitment is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

YOYOTCROSTER*

Going to watch Rangers game tonight v NB. Hope he still goes hard to net in the ohl. He plays best when he combines his raw vision and skill with his Gallagher net instincts. Lethal when he plays on the edge on boards and at net. Great pick up by Leafs. Don't let his size and smile fool you. This is not a Nylander or Marner type here.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Going to watch Rangers game tonight v NB. Hope he still goes hard to net in the ohl. He plays best when he combines his raw vision and skill with his Gallagher net instincts. Lethal when he plays on the edge on boards and at net. Great pick up by Leafs. Don't let his size and smile fool you. This is not a Nylander or Marner type here.

It would be too bad if we had another Nylander or Marner, huh?

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
It would be too bad if we had another Nylander or Marner, huh?

Nope...

He does have the potential.... Let's see what he does with it.

Him and Marner seemed to really hit it off at camp.

Not worried about his "issues", much like Nylander, time will tell. Remember, Nylander is a spoiled brat who hogs the puck and isn't a good team mate..... :laugh: Turns out, not so much and we stole him at 8th.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nope...

He does have the potential.... Let's see what he does with it.

Him and Marner seemed to really hit it off at camp.

Not worried about his "issues", much like Nylander, time will tell. Remember, Nylander is a spoiled brat who hogs the puck and isn't a good team mate..... :laugh: Turns out, not so much and we stole him at 8th.

Yeah, I remember even at that draft arguing that the character issues Nylander had was just misinterpretation, and I'm glad I was right about that. Also glad that I was wrong about how his game translated to the pro level.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bracco does have attitude.

The attitude to succeed.

He did what's best for his future.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hey guys,

How come no one is freaking out about the Carolina prospect that left college today to join the Kingston Frontenacs?

Kid must have some serious attitude issues, AMIRIGHT?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hey guys,

How come no one is freaking out about the Carolina prospect that left college today to join the Kingston Frontenacs?

Kid must have some serious attitude issues, AMIRIGHT?

Nobody seems to mention Leaf prospect Piccinich who also left college to play for London this year.

I think the attitude thing is overblown with Bracco

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Although I was initially unhappy with he decision because I think BC is a fantastic development program, there could be multiple reasons behind the decision to move teams - maybe he wasn't happy with the college itself, ect.

Regardless what's done is done we just need to give the kid some distance and let him play hockey. And based on last nights game it's something he excels at. Leafs are lucky to have drafted a kid of this skill level.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Bracco

90337593.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Honestly everyone ... use your eyes.
DOES THIS KID LOOK LIKE HE GETS DRUNK AND DOES DRUGS?

He looks like he's 12. ... what ever these so called attitude issues, if it's not booze and drugs, and sure we'll all be FINE.

I'm not even sure where to begin....I don't think his supposed attitude problems are a big a big deal, but for a post telling people to open their eyes, you seem to have a woefully misguided view about people, personality issues.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
I'm not even sure where to begin....I don't think his supposed attitude problems are a big a big deal, but for a post telling people to open their eyes, you seem to have a woefully misguided view about people, personality issues.

The other important question... how does looking young for your age have anything to do with drugs or alcohol? I'm legitimately curious here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad