GDT: Leafs @ Pens - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Trying to insinuate that our coach is secretly sabotaging the team he's coaching in order to help his former employer is speculation, and completely baseless and disgusting.
You're also wrong in the first place. Woll had played 10 games to Samsonov's 9 coming into this weekend. The Leafs scheduled their most played and best-performing goalie this season against Pittsburgh. And Nedjelkovic, who played yesterday, has a team-leading 0.937 SV% for Pittsburgh.

I bet this will no doubt be your most anticipated game of the season.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Expect a better effort tonight. 5 days off and jet lag is bound to make players rusty. Sometimes the body can’t wake up until you’re in a game again. It’ll be a tight low scoring game imo.
Red Wings 4-0 and 5-2 wins over NJ and BOS would say otherwise.

This is nothing more than the Leafs pandering to their competition. They clearly do not view CHI as a good team, so they play equally shitty hockey.

Not sure what they think of the Pens, but I do know that some of these guys will have 'shambles in their heads' just due to the fact they are playing their friendly former GM.

I expect they will be much better because they know if they don't put in an honest effort, there are skilled guys on the other side that will make them look like clowns.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Red Wings 4-0 and 5-2 wins over NJ and BOS would say otherwise.

This is nothing more than the Leafs pandering to their competition. They clearly do not view CHI as a good team, so they play equally shitty hockey.

Not sure what they think of the Pens, but I do know that some of these guys will have 'shambles in their heads' just due to the fact they are playing their friendly former GM.

I expect they will be much better because they know if they don't put in an honest effort, there are skilled guys on the other side that will make them look like clowns.
They won't take Pittsburgh lightly, and so they will likely dominate most of the game.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Win or lose they at least better commit to proper puck management.
The way they defer shots for fancy passing is so frustrating to watch. I can imagine it would drive any coach crazy. Get comfortable together and get your performance level up to a high standard before worrying about making the highlight reel. Besides, the fancy stuff will come naturally once you're properly dialed in.
As for the Dubas angle, couldn't care less and i doubt the players do either.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Mitch is is my favourite player he’s trying to be to fancy this year shoot the puck stop looking for Mathews all the time!!!!!!
Should switch the wingers in the top six but by the sounds of keefe not happening atleast not yo start the game

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Not against this crummy pens team. Marner gets 4 points tonight to shut everyone up.
B2B after returning from Sweden. No idea what to expect from them or the Pens.

All those hat-tricks got to Matthews head. We need Papi to show up not Sloppy.
I think Matty and Mitch have been too busy fighting for the lead in advertisements/60.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I think it’s time for another instigator penalty

I'm expecting Joseph Woll to stick it to the Pens tonight in a big win by the Leafs.

Go Leafs Go !!!

Pointing out which goalies were used in back to back games is fact & strategy & not speculation. :wg:

Pens saved their starting goalie for this match today in back to back games for both teams. Appears Pens put more importance in trying to win this one. IMO

Woll has been much much better than Samsonov

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Keefe had some interesting comments pregame, clearly challenging Mitch and the first line. He did say as well, that despite the Nylander line flying, he's yet to see one occasion where the opposition has put out their best against the JT line, always still the Matthews line, and he's wondered if it would happen given the play of late, but it hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad