Leafs offered fourth overall pick to Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I'm not saying there won't be some decline, but the elite guys tend to still have an impact on the game when they're 35+.

The way people here look at players over 30 is nutty.

Datsyuk, Thornton, Chara, the Sedins, Zetterberg, Hossa, Iginla, St. Louis... All high quality players well into their 30s, and those are just guys who played this year.

Yes but compared to 15 years ago it's not even close to the same.

People who watched the over 30 players win Cups in the late 90's/early 00's are usually those saying players are not ageing the same way now.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That's a bold statement, even for you Glenny. 120 points is more reasonable.
nah he will get more than 120 unless he gets injured(actually how many games does the wjc force you to miss, if he plays around 55 games i can see him getting 120-125 if he plays 60-65 games he gets around 140 points) remember the knights did get better a s a team this year with 2 potential top 10 picks in 2016 draft in tchachek(sorry about the spelling), and max jones. Also dvorak got a year older and should be back, and werenski will most likely play their if he does not go back to the ncaa. Marner had 126 points 63 games this year with a worse team. He should dominate and put up the best ppg and win the scoring crown in both the ohl and chl next year,

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Only thing stopping Marner from 170 points is games missed. He'd definitely hit 170+ (2.5+ PPG) with a full slate. Problem is obligations, WJC (9) and Leafs' preseason (2). Subtract one game for an injury tweak and another for the inevitable end-of-season-all-top-players-rest game, and hitting 170 in 55 games requires a superhuman 3.1 PPG.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Come on, you know Kruger doesn't have the same impact that Kane does. Why even bother with that?

My point was that the Hawks have won 3 cups with Kane as a crucial player, why would they want to change that?

They don't, but that's not the topic. The topic was whether Kane was better than Giroux because of it.

And I know Krüger doesn't have the same impact. I even pointed it out in the post you quoted. My question is when do people that value these team accomplishment start looking at them as a factor? Because every similar discussion just seem that at some arbitrary point people just start to dismiss everything one says to point out the individual difference due to team accomplishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad