Post-Game Talk: Leafs of Olde get stomped by bottom feeder : 6-2 CLB

Mr_Fun

FFS!
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I'm more worried about games where we've come to play for a couple of periods, and then decide to go all nonchalant in the 3rd and blow it. To me, that's the bigger issue to sort out. YMMV

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
I predicted a win because I thought they'd be on their P's and Q's this early in the season but I forgot that their most important players are the ones that buy in the least.

Reactions: arso40

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
[

If your goalie let beach ball goes in, struggling on every shot and every shot locking like a mountain to climb... It's pretty hsrd mentally for the player in front.
I said it a dont know how many time last few yewrs.

Stolarz this season was great and giving up confidence in the team in front and the guy was working hard for him and protected him pretty well.

For me when leafs saw goal #2,3, the goal review, 4th goal... They knew the way hildwby was playing than they have 0 chance to come back
Exactly, that's the whole point. You get it and understand hockey. Hildeby sucks, I knew it the day he played with the Marlies. He will never belong on an NHL squad. We can do better with our 3rd string goatlender.

Yes, the young goalie who put up .913 sv% in 41 games as a rookie on a frankly not very good Marlies team last year is not an AHL goaltender. Cool opinion but I think I’m justified in saying it renders all of your posting on this subject worthless
If you put up .913% in the AHL, trust me you are not AHL ready. You clearly don't get it. I'd bet a decent amount of money that with a .913, that doesn't even put him in the top 15 of the AHL. He straight up SUCKS. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Hell just watch the game yesterday and it's pretty clear he has no business being a semi-pro. He needs to go sell insurance or get a college degree. No future in this brutal business.

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
Thoughts: You're a troll. But at least your Mom's basement has internet.

Also...23? Dominik Hasek, Tim Thomas and Johnny Bower all say "Hold my beer."
Projecting much are we. You're listing exceptions and not the general rule bud. I think your post really sums it up. Any credibility, if any you had, is now gone. You continue to throw insults which shows a level of immaturity of a teen.

Was hoping for better but instead now I just pity you :/

You came in starting a thread just to shit on a rookie goalie (who shouldn't have even been playing if Woll wasn't made of f***ing glass) you've never heard of or watched before, and said 'he's not even an AHL goaltender', which is just a braindead take. When I provide his stats to you to show you that you are wrong, you ignore it completely and talk about how he's not an 'elite' NHL goalie, and then you hit @Fogelhund with the classic mouthbreathing 'dO yOu eVeN wAtCh tHe gAmEs' line when he calls you out for the same thing.

As for the bolded, I never asked for or needed your validation.
He's not an AHL goatlender. I can buy you a new TV cuz you clearly need one. You're right that he should not be playing for the Leafs. But to even suggest that he's a solid AHL goatlender is a joke as well. He sucks, point blank. Being honest, and objectively critical isn't offensive unless you're sensitive which I think you might be.

Anyways, lets try to stay on point, not throw insults and keep things civil, thanks.

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
There is no question that yesterday wasn't a good game for Hildeby.

The reality is, I watch more hockey than I should... including the Marlies quite a bit, so I've seen Hildeby play 20+ games.

The idea that he's a trash goalie, because of one game is what myself, and many others take exception to. He's been good to great the rest of his career, including his prior NHL game that he won this year. Strangely, his previous game against one of the better teams in the league, he won the game, and was 0.913. He was an AHL All Star, He had great stats with the Marlies last year, and is a SHL champion.

I don't know if you are trolling, or just don't know the player and his history.
maybe we can just chalk this up to a difference of opinion. In my world, he objectively sucks is not AHL caliber. Most people disagree. I don't mind that. But in the end I'm confident I'll be right like I was about Eichel, Marner, Matthews, etc... even when people claimed my takes were asinine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad