Post-Game Talk: Leafs of Olde get stomped by bottom feeder : 6-2 CLB

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
JVR was never traded from Toronto. He left as a UFA and went back to Philly. We couldn’t afford him at 7 million. We kept him and Bozak as own rentals when we SHOULD have traded them.
Oh but there was a clear misconception of clearing the roster, no? Why would he stay if we weren’t gonna offer him a contract. If we had signed him at 7 mil none of these top guys would have been paid what they were. Well it was of course dog shit management so that’s that.

Reactions: francis246

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Do you even watch the games or even hockey in general? Hildeby was absolute trash that game

Elite goalies by the time they hit 23 are ready for primetime. No need to get angry and start name calling bud. Relax, Hildeby sucked yesterday and he'll suck again the next time he plays. We need to do better as a franchise. Lets not resort to attacking each other and maintain our composure. You're better than that.
There is no question that yesterday wasn't a good game for Hildeby.

The reality is, I watch more hockey than I should... including the Marlies quite a bit, so I've seen Hildeby play 20+ games.

The idea that he's a trash goalie, because of one game is what myself, and many others take exception to. He's been good to great the rest of his career, including his prior NHL game that he won this year. Strangely, his previous game against one of the better teams in the league, he won the game, and was 0.913. He was an AHL All Star, He had great stats with the Marlies last year, and is a SHL champion.

I don't know if you are trolling, or just don't know the player and his history.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I am one of those fans where nothing matters till the playoffs, so one regular season game means very little. Just like last night, great that they beat a divisional rival at home quite soundly but what does it mean come April? Exactly squat. Just like this game. So don't sweat it really.
I think regular season games mean a lot, but collectively rather than individually. One totally crap game or one totally dominant game is just one of 82. So far we have seen a lot more 'good' than 'bad'.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
There is no question that yesterday wasn't a good game for Hildeby.

The reality is, I watch more hockey than I should... including the Marlies quite a bit, so I've seen Hildeby play 20+ games.

The idea that he's a trash goalie, because of one game is what myself, and many others take exception to. He's been good to great the rest of his career, including his prior NHL game that he won this year. Strangely, his previous game against one of the better teams in the league, he won the game, and was 0.913. He was an AHL All Star, He had great stats with the Marlies last year, and is a SHL champion.

I don't know if you are trolling, or just don't know the player and his history.
I watched Patrick Roy give up 9 goals in one game....

Reactions: Fogelhund

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Do you even watch the games or even hockey in general? Hildeby was absolute trash that game

Elite goalies by the time they hit 23 are ready for primetime. No need to get angry and start name calling bud. Relax, Hildeby sucked yesterday and he'll suck again the next time he plays. We need to do better as a franchise. Lets not resort to attacking each other and maintain our composure. You're better than that.
You came in starting a thread just to shit on a rookie goalie (who shouldn't have even been playing if Woll wasn't made of f***ing glass) you've never heard of or watched before, and said 'he's not even an AHL goaltender', which is just a braindead take. When I provide his stats to you to show you that you are wrong, you ignore it completely and talk about how he's not an 'elite' NHL goalie, and then you hit @Fogelhund with the classic mouthbreathing 'dO yOu eVeN wAtCh tHe gAmEs' line when he calls you out for the same thing.

As for the bolded, I never asked for or needed your validation.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Guess Berube wrath that I heard would help with b2b games didnt .....go figure.
Like Keefer ....its hard to win back to back games especially having the 2nd game on the road.

Not many had a jump ....

Interesting..... The plug Reaves has been in the lineup on all the leaf losses.

He certainly isnt a good luck charm..... :)

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone who watched the games against the Blue Jackets can see this guy is not even an AHL goatlender. Couldn't stop a beach ball, juicy rebounds that would make NBA players jealous, and just looks shaky on every shot - even the simple ones.

We need to get this sorted right away. Thoughts?
Thoughts: You're a troll. But at least your Mom's basement has internet.

Also...23? Dominik Hasek, Tim Thomas and Johnny Bower all say "Hold my beer."

Reactions: Sypher04

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Having 8-10 of these games (in terms of effort) is acceptable, so it's fine as long as they respond the next couple of games.
Right. I think the real worry would be if these become the norm, or even a trend.

1 bad game in 7. They really could have won the other 6 if not for two great goaltending performances by our opponent.

Reactions: ACC1224

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Anyone who watched the games against the Blue Jackets can see this guy is not even an AHL goatlender. Couldn't stop a beach ball, juicy rebounds that would make NBA players jealous, and just looks shaky on every shot - even the simple ones.

Yes, the young goalie who put up .913 sv% in 41 games as a rookie on a frankly not very good Marlies team last year is not an AHL goaltender. Cool opinion but I think I’m justified in saying it renders all of your posting on this subject worthless

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We better hope our powerplay figures it out and this is just a small sample size slow start because we can't contend without it.
OEL hasn't made a huge difference so far but that was always the easiest first spot to make a player change, now it would be Tavares with Knies as a possible replacement. If no player changes turn it around then you have to think it's either A,) Other teams have figured it out and are starting to exploit some of it's patterns or predictability or B.) The players we have, as insanely talented as they might be, their skillsets don't work together as well as you'd hope or aren't an optimal fit.

With one of the greatest goal scorers of all time, two potential 100+ point producers in Marner/Nylander and a quality net front player in Tavares, we should never be shutdown on the PP, not in the regular season or the playoffs.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

He wasn’t very good last night, his rebound control was awful and he couldn’t keep us in the game. He would have to have been spectacular based on the no-show by his teammates.

But, he’s a very good AHL goalie and he’s going to be a very good NHL goalie in a few years. If Woll wasn’t made of straw, he wouldn’t be put into this situation.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
[
He wasn’t very good last night, his rebound control was awful and he couldn’t keep us in the game. He would have to have been spectacular based on the no-show by his teammates.

But, he’s a very good AHL goalie and he’s going to be a very good NHL goalie in a few years. If Woll wasn’t made of straw, he wouldn’t be put into this situation.

If your goalie let beach ball goes in, struggling on every shot and every shot locking like a mountain to climb... It's pretty hsrd mentally for the player in front.
I said it a dont know how many time last few yewrs.

Stolarz this season was great and giving up confidence in the team in front and the guy was working hard for him and protected him pretty well.

For me when leafs saw goal #2,3, the goal review, 4th goal... They knew the way hildwby was playing than they have 0 chance to come back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad