Post-Game Talk: Leafs of Olde get stomped by bottom feeder : 6-2 CLB

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Ugly loss, looked like dogshit right from puck drop. They face Berube's old team on Thursday, hope they don't embarrass him. Going to need to rejig the middle six with Patches being out as well.... I actually kinda miss Jarnkrok right now.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The core 4 led the way tonight. That was f***ing disgraceful top to bottom. Hildeby was putrid also which made this look worse.

Bag skate these f***s tomorrow

What will a bag skate do? Nothing but tire them out. Tomorrow I’m pretty sure is a mandated day off anyways.

Friday practice I think you gotta do compete drills and special teams practice for sure.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
Really though, wtf do you even do about the PP at this point
I still don't like that our PP is always looking for Matthews, the other team knows he is going to be the shooter and they are on it... we need shots from all angles. In all my time watching hockey, I don't remember power plays depending on one player so much.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
It’s a long season. Bad game. Let’s move on and see how they tespond.
Agree, games like this will happen.

Again, this has been a really good team for the last few years, and its the curse of high expectations. Buffalo has won 2 in a row and Sabres fans are rejoicing about their team....but the Leafs are EXPECTED to win so any loss against an 'inferior' opponent is reason for....dread among the fan base.

Is this team making the playoffs? Pretty close to an assured thing. If they are good enough to make the playoffs, does anything else really matter up to that point? not really?

Of course, we love hockey and want to watch the games, so we are going to comment on them, but after the last handful of years, you have to understand the nature of this team is they will likely have MORE games like this as the year goes on, but none of it matters once the first round of the playoffs start (I don't even care about home ice advantage in the playoffs.)

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
Agree, games like this will happen.

Again, this has been a really good team for the last few years, and its the curse of high expectations. Buffalo has won 2 in a row and Sabres fans are rejoicing about their team....but the Leafs are EXPECTED to win so any loss against an 'inferior' opponent is reason for....dread among the fan base.

Is this team making the playoffs? Pretty close to an assured thing. If they are good enough to make the playoffs, does anything else really matter up to that point? not really?

Of course, we love hockey and want to watch the games, so we are going to comment on them, but after the last handful of years, you have to understand the nature of this team is they will likely have MORE games like this as the year goes on, but none of it matters once the first round of the playoffs start (I don't even care about home ice advantage in the playoffs.)
I think it has more to do with them showing a consistent effort every night.... so far, they have, aside from todays showing.

Reactions: mjd1001

Mr_Fun

FFS!
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Strange how pretty much everyone looked like a shell of what they’ve shown so far this season. Nights like that happen to the best of them but it does raise the odd eyebrow when you see it happen early on for this team especially.

Columbus came to play so credit to them.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just a bad game all round. Clearly thought they accomplished something last night and took a day off. Outgoalied, outcoached, out completed etc.. So far they look mostly similar as other years

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
How did nylander manage to have a +-0 night? And only 1shot on goal.
After watching Steve Dangles last gamevid this game was hilarious...

Not that this was Hildebys fault, but Stolarz spoil the players.

Learning curve for Berube. Do something else next good team/ bad team back to back. Well no worries, on to the next.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
How did nylander manage to have a +-0 night? And only 1shot on goal.
After watching Steve Dangles last gamevid this game was hilarious...

Not that this was Hildebys fault, but Stolarz spoil the players.

Learning curve for Berube. Do something else next good team/ bad team back to back. Well no worries, on to the next.
I'm surprised about Nylander too, his dump in to the corner on a clear break was hilarious.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I'm surprised about Nylander too, his dump in to the corner on a clear break was hilarious.
If this is his worst nights it is till better then before. Lets se what happens next game. I expect the first part of the season to be a bit of a roller coaster over all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad