Post-Game Talk: Leafs of Olde get stomped by bottom feeder : 6-2 CLB

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
+- is a garbage stat most of the time. But it does tell a tale when used in certain situations. This one is actually pretty bad.

It was a disaster game. If you had never seen hockey before, you'd probably believe that JVR was a bigger star than anyone on the Leafs' roster.
Completely meaningless to anyone that watched the game.
Anyone thinking that these were the only players letting the team down that night may want to examine their ability to understand what happens on the ice.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Leafs top line trio and top 3 Dman all finished the game at -3 +/- on the night.

Leafs best players were all on the ice for 3 more goals against then for at even strength.

That is pretty bad to the core.
+/- can be misleading, but not in this case. Matthews and Marner in particular were both floating on at least two of the goals, and didn't seem to have any offensive jump.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Weird that Domi was -2, McMann was -1 and Nylander was 0.

Guessing there were some goals during line changes.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Yes, and you can have a good game and lose.

105-115 points ... Leafs should be fine.

I was wondering if we would even hit 90, I had doubts about the style Berube wanted this roster to play, I'm a little more confident that they may hit the 105-115 you are suggesting. I know we are 4-3 but this is during a time when we are learning how to play Berube's style. The TB game might be too much to expect every night but I think we might just have a half decent team here.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Cmon Berube! Youre supposed to be a no nonsense coach!

The saviour where Babs and Keefe failed.

lol
Dumbass opened the door for nonchalance and irresponsibility when he ordered Sheldon to perform a mea culpa in the daily presser because he used "wrong words" when he dressed down the superstar(s) for an embarrassing, listless, and no hit performance against the 'yotes. It was firmly game over and the lunatics were now officially running the asylum.

Berube has to instill a sense of responsibility in them that they currently don't have.

Matthews post game commentary was no better then some of what was served up by JT in days gone by.

Instead of saying "we came out flat and never got it going and we can't win like that. We've got to be better and that's the bottom line. The truth is I've got to be better, I've got to be responsible for the 20 guys in that room."

Instead of "hey they were flying by us all night, the neutral zone was like the autobahn, but we were tired 😫 ."

You're the captain now and really wtf was that?

Geebuzz h Cripes, grow up🤬

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Weird that Domi was -2, McMann was -1 and Nylander was 0.

Guessing there were some goals during line changes.
One goal was just after they loaded up the top line with Nylander instead of Knies, so the second line was Domi, McMann, and Knies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad