Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Campbell was off his angle and too deep, same as the second goal
Freeze the video at the point of release (around 24 seconds) and tell me if you think it's reasonable to imagine Campbell may have had some trouble with 44 completely blocking his view of Anderson.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Freeze the video at the point of release (around 24 seconds) and tell me if you think it's reasonable to imagine Campbell may have had some trouble with 44 completely blocking his view of Anderson.
Which goal, Suzuki or Anderson?

Suzuki pulls around Rielly, who does a piss poor job on it. Still, the puck can't go through Campbell like it did.

Rielly misplays the 2on1, but Anderson still takes the shot anyways, which should be the lesser of two evils. Campbell looked confused by a few Anderson shots during the game, like he wasn't sure where to setup and was guessing.

One mistake doesn't prevent others from happening. Campbell allowed 2 softies, Rielly misplayed 2 goals (and a few others too)

Reactions: Guy Boucher

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs problem seems to that they consistently play down to the level of their competition in games. Good teams tend not to do that very often and simply dominate lesser competition from start to finish.

They have enough skill and talent that in the end it results in a win but often by 1 goal games.

Leafs really go outplayed, outworked and outshot by Montreal in the 1st and this time the effort wasn't good enough to mount a comeback after falling behind.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I am hoping once Foligno gets in the line up that should help.

The only people that actually play body well (although not nasty) except may be Simmonds are Matthews, Hyman, Mikheyev, Tavares (when he is on) and to a certain extent Nylander especially when he has the puck.

We gotta be willing to do that without the puck too.

Not to harp on Matthews because he is my fav Leaf but just to give an example

We as a team need to get used to this and find ways to improve on it

I think Matthews did a great job, he tried to make it look like he was losing his balance, and attempted to spear the guy in the face. Watch closely. One of the oldest tricks in the book. Still effective.

Too bad referees have finally gotten the green light to call cutbacks for a penalty(interference), Peter Forsberg made a living out of it.

Matthews only did that after he realized the goof wasn't going to get a penalty for boarding. Lot of quick thinking there by Matthews.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The Anderson goal in the video above
Gotcha, different games and different goals.

My comment is about last night and the two goals Campbell allowed that were soft. The clip shown is from earlier in the season with Andersen in net and Matthews screening. Rielly isn't on the ice (44)

Last edited:
Reactions: egd27

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
U and the others who are mad about that are having mental health issue. No wonder everyone hate the Leafs. The guy says GG and yall salty asf***. Its a fkn game.
Lol people hate the Leafs because they have an inferiority complex. They’re sad that their teams, no matter how good, will never be as relevant in the eyes of the media as the Leafs. They’re sad that even when the leafs are a dumpster fire, more people care about them than their own team. To pretend it’s anything else is to be in denial.

Reactions: Joey Hoser

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Only thing I hated more than losing to the Habs yesterday was Campbell beating himself up over it.

Boys owe it to their goalie. He put a total crap team game and put it all on himself.

Love Campbell, but he's going to have to chill a bit. Everyone has bad games and we've seen the guys in front of him play like dog water as well. No need to drag yourself to the media all the time. I guess that's one positive Andersen had going for him. Doesn't run too hot and doesn't run too cold.

Reactions: KingPapi

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Campbell worries me a little. Not because of the loss or a "soft" goal or whatever but because of the way he reacts to them. I am starting to think he may be the perfect pandemic goalie when there is no crowd and little pressure right now. I do worry what happens when(and if) they starting playing in front of crowds again and there is a lot more pressure. I appreciate that he is a great guy and emotional but to me that can be a negative for a goalie. I wonder what happens when he lets in an early soft one and the opposing crowd starts giving him the bronx cheer.

He seems to have a the physical tools but lets hope he has the most important thing that makes a truly great goalie - the ability to forget what happened 2 minutes ago.

Hence the Rittich trade.

It's entirely possible that come playoff time Rittich might be the #1.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I agree with you. There is a proper decorum that can be shown in critiquing his play without disrespecting him.

Reminds me of an encounter I had with one of my nieces a few days ago, a niece whom I have helped out several times and was there to support after everyone else abandoned her, who jumped all over me because I poorly worded a reply to her on the FB. She then proceeded to disrespect me and lecture me even though I immediately apologized and flat out stated my post didn't come out the way I wanted it to. But she just kept on with it to the point where I'm questioning if I ever want to communicate with her ever again.

Thank you. Though I'm not sure I would have been able to come up with the word 'decorum' :( that's the essence of what I was trying to say. By all means hold an opinion, criticize, but do it with out demeaning the guy. Sorry for my rant, I don't set the rules for everyone and should learn to say things with less emotion.

Sorry to hear about your niece, whatdoyado? Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad