Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They're professional athletes, they shouldn't need anything to be "motivated." Show up and do your job like the rest of us. I'm a professional as well, and if I let someone else throw me off, I'm getting fired and sued.

Freddy singlehandedly kept the team alive for 1.5 months, the skaters should have appropriate perspective.
Fred's a trainwreck right now. The team has been fine in front of him lately, he's just been brutal

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
They're professional athletes
And they are playing against other professional athletes, in a game where only half can look good.

Freddy singlehandedly kept the team alive for 1.5 months
No, he most certainly did not. Andersen has single-handedly cost the team more games than he has won this season. This "the team is letting down Andersen" garbage needs to stop. The only thing Andersen has been elite at this season is deflating his team early and at the worst moments.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That wasn't good

Horrendous goal after horrendous goal going through Andersen which just isn't good enough when your fighting injuries and the defensive unit is made up of kids and AHL callups

It deflates the entire team and kills any confidence we may be starting to generate

This leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth when you don't play for the next 10 days and I hope it motivates us for the stretch run

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head at our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
3 goals against on the first 6 shots... again...

Freddy better get his head straight at the all star game.

Keep him away from the All Star game. No point in exposing him to the All Star shooters for them to learn anything more about his weaknesses!

Rest him, including the 1 game suspension.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
And also, can we please keep Dion away from the Leafs?

Haha. The Ghost of Christmas Past came to visit us.

Dubas built this team in a top heavy manner, everyone knows it. Just as the Habs have known they need offense for years, Leafs have known they need D. For once the media and fans aren't exaggerating, it's a real need. I'm not convinced Leafs need to replace Andersen, but his confidence and swagger isn't there right now. It happens. It happened to Price earlier this year. It's usually a combination of bad D, bad goaltending and bad luck.

We can't survive big minute eaters like Muzzin and Reilly being out of this already thin lineup. The Cap Era is horrible for this reason, which is one other reason I support a luxury tax outside of my philosophy to support Free Market capitalism. Small market teams would benefit as well, it should be considered by the league.

I said earlier, if we aren't going to have a constant commitment to two way hockey from the forwards, the D has to be improved. This time it will require a trade from someone on the roster and/or possibly a prospect. There's just no way around this, and I'm not sure why Dubas feels we can reinvent the wheel or replicate the Penguins of a decade ago.

This is the year to bite the bullet and make a bit of a splash if the opportunity presents itself. This current roster, even when healthy, will at best squeak into the playoffs. Or they might not. Even if they do, their D is a deficiency. If they don't get better than average goaltending, they usually lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad