Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm not going to judge anyone until the playoffs are over.

For us the regular season is basically an 82 game warmup to get ready for the games that really matter. What we've done in previous years is basically f*** around playing pond hockey, and when the playoffs start we're not ready to play playoff hockey. We're playing playoff style hockey now which to me, is a very good sign.

Keep playing the way we're playing and we'll come out on the right side of it often enough. And if we get out-goalied again in the spring, that will suck of course but I can live with it if we fight hard until the end, instead of rolling over and giving it away in game 7 as we've done all too often in the past.
Good post……..

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The NHL right now is goalie is number one. Goalies steal games. You can't coach round it . This current team isn't a contender yet. Is Crosby available?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Played well, really. Suffered hot goalie syndrome though. Same old story. Need to find a way to break through, hopefully with a new coaching staff they have seen it first hand now. Make corrections in both strategies and/or personnel.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Played well, really. Suffered hot goalie syndrome though. Same old story. Need to find a way to break through, hopefully with a new coaching staff they have seen it first hand now. Make corrections in both strategies and/or personnel.

"Defense wins Championships"

1 good/hot goalie = WIN, because > 4 forwards making $11 mil + AAV = LOSS

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Good effort, good goaltending for the Leafs. Shesti was simply at another level, beast goalie. Tavares and PP suck as usual.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
? He's been on PP1 for the past 2 games, and generally has nothing to do with zone entries, that is all on the forwards.

I was told the PP would be fixed with a point shot, specifically OEL.

Is it more complex than that?

Not necessarily singling you out, just a general statement (I don't know your views on this).

Reactions: wingman75

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
They didn't dominate... they slightly outplayed the opposition.

They should not be 5-0 based on their play, there are some very close games play-wise.

3-2 or 4-1 seems like an expected start based on how they've played.
You’re right, outplayed is a better word. They’ve ouplayed each team we’ve played and possibly, maybe deservedly, could be 5-0.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I was told the PP would be fixed with a point shot, specifically OEL.

Is it more complex than that?

Not necessarily singling you out, just a general statement (I don't know your views on this).
If you can't enter the zone with control, it makes no difference who is out there on the point. Once they get settled in, yes it will be better with someone who moves the puck quick. So, yes, there is way more to it then who the D man is.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Both games Leafs have lost... they played well.

How many times could you say that last year?

I don't give a f*** if you want to hate the Leafs ... the effort is there. Berube is a good thing for this team.

If they go down... they seem to be going down swinging. That has to be the mentality. Early season ... it seems evident.

Leafs will be just fine. So many over reactions.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I don't give a f*** if you want to hate the Leafs ... the effort is there. Berube is a good thing for this team.

If they go down... they seem to be going down swinging. That has to be the mentality. Early season ... it seems evident.

Yep .. it’s clear that there are some positive habits being instilled.

Glad they haven’t gotten into that early season loose track meet style of game like in years past.

Reactions: Burnie97

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Playing well and losing?

Happens a lot, it's why people complain about others saying the other team's goalie played well.

People are silent on that right now, no clue why.

Reactions: Gallagbi

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If you can't enter the zone with control, it makes no difference who is out there on the point. Once they get settled in, yes it will be better with someone who moves the puck quick. So, yes, there is way more to it then who the D man is.
Yeah, weirdly the guy is ignoring 97% of the fanbase screaming to get Tavares off the top unit.

Although that's the guy's schtick

Reactions: wingman75

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Playing well and losing happened with Keefer too
Even in the playoffs

Did like the effort. Stars have to score. Domi has to shoot and our PP still sucks when we need it most

We have better D and goaltending this yr

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This was me all last season as well.

Thought the D played well. OEL is a great addition.
The loss isn’t on JT, but he’s picking up speed on the downdide of his career. Start by getting him off the PP, snd hope he can be a serviceable 3rd line centre, they’d be nuts to resign him imo……..

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The loss isn’t on JT, but he’s picking up speed on the downdide of his career. Start by getting him off the PP, snd hope he can be a serviceable 3rd line centre, they’d be nuts to resign him imo……..
Replace him with someone like Granlund and we're much better off it feels. He's just an anchor at this point the big guns are dragging around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad