Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
The Leafs weren't bad, but just weren't good enough.

We just watched the level of goaltending that's needed to win the cup, and we haven't had it for decades.

Reactions: rumman

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Good battle. My God was Shesterkin fantastic.

Tavares is a realllll Liability at this point, dude is beyond slow.

His Hands are still there, but the skating and reaction time looks to be gone. Shouldn't be out there in crunch time anymore imo.

Last edited:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Good game overall but Shesterkin is just an amazing goalie.
The biggest issue, that keeps coming up in big spots, is that we cannot count on our PP to come through with big goals when it matters most.
It has failed us in the playoffs and tonight's another time where you just need to go 1-3 on the PP and get at least a point.
We spend all this money and when all the chips are down, more often then not we can't score and many times it's just a disastrous PP.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Good battle. My God was Shesterkin was fantastic.

Tavares is a realllll Liability at this point, dude is beyond slow.

His Hands are still there, but the skating and reaction time looks to be gone. Shouldn't be out there in crunch time anymore imo.
It’s not only that he’s slow, he gives the puck up and kills every single play.

Reactions: klmdg

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Tavares just doesn't have it anymore. Too slow both in his skating and playmaking, not to mention his inability to win the battles along the boards. Just not strong enough.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
reduce JT's icetime and move him down to PP2

Nylander - brain-dead at the end there

Tanev should be load managed and never dressed for a B2B - hoping they sit him on Tuesday

Need Robertson to show up

Marner good and frustrating tonight

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Tavares just doesn't have it anymore. Too slow both in his skating and playmaking, not to mention his inability to win the battles along the boards. Just not strong enough.
we have to 100% move on from him.

Only reason to look for a 3C 4C role for him is if we don't re-up Marner.

Reactions: rumman

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Five games with a new coach and system and five games with good effort. It's early so I won't worry too, too much about getting goalies a couple times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad