The Naki
Put plenty of pucks on net

But more traffic and mayhem around the net wouldn't go admiss
If the goaltender is playing well try taking away his line of sight
It's not rocket science
I wish we would work it out, I'm not holding my breath though 😪

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Matthews looked quite lame? Marner has always been a bit overrated and soft. Niemelä should get the chance with the big guys later on this year. Better than some of these current D's imho.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
How did they get slower? Even Mo was noticeably slower tonight.
That's far and away my biggest concern. Result, whatever, they could have, should have won.

But man, this team has gotten slower and slower year after year. It's like they're skating in cement watching them on the rush. Scoring in transition is going to be an issue all season.

Reactions: Nineteen67

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
These line combinations suck.

Stolarz was awesome, OEL, Tanev, McCabe and the fourth line had good games, Pacioretty had his moments, rest of the team ranged from mediocre to bad. PP also continues to suck balls
How so, we just dominated that game!? Three posts and a couple lucky saves, and one really good one at the end. Habs only had what we gave them. All that in a new system where it was clear the forwards were hesitating/thinking a lot.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
First time in close to three years that the team came up entirely empty on the scoreboard and it was thanks to the unlikely combination of Montreal and Montembeault. Good to at least witness that Stolarz was effective just ahead of his previously anticipated start with the team. Don't know if they needed any additional motivation going into tomorrow night's tilt with NJ, but...

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I thought they were definitely the better team today. The early part of the season will be a bit of a challenge given they are adjusting to a new system and style of play. Sometimes you just don’t get the bounces. Obviously I am not happy with the result, but we had lots of chances and dominated 5 on 5. Unfortunately our PP wasnt good again and it cost us.

OEL, Tanev, Stolarz, Pacioretty all looked good. Fourth line was solid. Top line was buzzing all night too.

Like this playing style a lot, it will definitely suit us more in the playoffs. Remember, these guys are going to building their game through the season.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40 and Strangle

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That's far and away my biggest concern. Result, whatever, they could have, should have won.

But man, this team has gotten slower and slower year after year. It's like they're skating in cement watching them on the rush. Scoring in transition is going to be an issue all season.
I think it is new system effect. Guys probably overthinking things just a little. I thought we looked grossly slow too, but still walked the Habs for 40 minutes.

The only guys I didn't like tonight were Marner and Domi. Thought they were outright terrible.

Reactions: arso40

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Exactly.

People love to point out how long it took Washington to win. One thing the Caps never did was keeping the same core 5 players for trillion years.

Those same people were saying Woll being randomly hurt all the time is actually good earlier today. They live in a strange world.

• Haha
Reactions: MSZ

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
my highlight reel still stands

1728525055487.png

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Same problems with offense. Loads of shots, none that make the goalie actually work. We need lateral puck movement and more bodies in front. Berube's got loads of valuable tape to teach with here.

Montembault will be shelled against the next good team he faces and everyone will be scratching their heads

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Matthews looked quite lame? Marner has always been a bit overrated and soft. Niemelä should get the chance with the big guys later on this year. Better than some of these current D's imho.
All our D were very good tonight. Marner WAS terrible. But, it's just one game, so no need to make any decisions based on anything we saw tonight.

Edit: Terrible is an overstatement, but I didn't like his game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad