Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 1-0

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
1000058976.jpg

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
A Wizard of Oz movie from the POV of the Witch. Let me guess, she became evil because racism. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Oh, Timothy Chalamet is playing Bob Dylan, so no, no it isn't.

==

A subdued, short and tasteful opening ceremony, in Montréal, on opening night?! They must have got my letters.

Acquiesce and Back in the Saddle, nice tunes.

I knew a Habs PPG was coming as soon as Simpson was shooting off about '0 for 30!'

Booing Pacioretty, who had the audacity to get traded, are you serious?

He had a great game, but putting Montembault in a graphic with Vezina and Roy, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Nicky Bobby drawing two penalties in the 1st, good man, even though I didn't like the look of the powerplay especially in the neutral zone. They've taken slingshot autism into the stratosphere.

Nice back to back dives by captain Nick in the second.

They looked flat footed and shitty in the 1st, better in the 2nd and good in the third but they're still playing too much perimeter hockey - that's why they can't do shit in the playoffs.

It's nice to have a backup that inspires confidence, Stolarz ain't scurred.

Of the big 4 Mitch was the most in a good way noticeable on the PK and making crisp passes off the cycle. Willy did a lot of dancing but not much else, Matthews had a few something from nothing chances and JT kills more chances than he creates.

Of the non big four I'll give it to Nicky Bobby and Knies. Lorentz also looks like there's something there, nice size and speed. Even David Kampf had a good game.

Tanev is a nice fit but I'll never like that term, and OEL showed flashes but also makes some scary decisions. Benoit has retained his confirmed beauty status and McCabe was good, Timmins was ok but Mo was not very good.

Hutson has great instincts in the Ozone. Why can't we ever catch a steal like that? Right, because Kyle Dubas prefers to draft safe picks instead of picking guys who have questions but can do things only 2-3 other guys in the draft can do, then give an interview in the most smug tone possible about how his philosophy is better than yours and he's super smart.

==

Loath to admit but Montréal has some of the elements they need to be a great team, Slaf, Dach, Caufield and Suzuki are decent enough to build around and they just got Demidov. They have 2 firsts in 2025 as well. I imagine they'll want another center and a sure thing in goal but if they stay the course they'll get there, especially since Ottawa keeps shooting their wad before she even gets her bra off.

Thank f*** they didn't take Michikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad