TSN: Leafs looking to acquire players with term at the deadline, interested in Chychrun

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Severson and Mayfield come to mind if NJ or NYI consider moving one of them.

if NJ would retain 50% on Severson I could see a pretty nice fit there.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Carson Soucy or Scott Mayfield seem like D targets for the Leafs

Surprised at the mention of Petry from the Habs fans...spoke very highly of him not too long ago.

Leafs could use a top 9 forward...finisher/physical/2-way at least 2/3 of those qualities

Likely need $$ going out in the form of Dermott, Holl, Kerfoot, Engvall or Ritchie. I suspect they prefer to keep Engvall though.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Connor Murphy...RHD with term and a manageable contract, also a leader in the locker room
Kevin Lankinen...back up goalie that is a UFA next year and cheap contract
for
Mrazek (Cap Dump)
Nick Ritchie (Cap Dump)
Matthew Knies, Rodion Amirov, and Joseph Woll...three quality prospects to help CHI rebuild

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Severson and Mayfield come to mind if NJ or NYI consider moving one of them.

if NJ would retain 50% on Severson I could see a pretty nice fit there.
That would have to take Amirov and a first. I would turn it down as a Devil fan.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Connor Murphy...RHD with term and a manageable contract, also a leader in the locker room
for
Mrazek (Cap Dump)
Nick Ritchie (Cap Dump)
Matthew Knies, Rodion Amirov, and Joseph Woll...three quality prospects to help CHI rebuild

Knies and Amirov are basically untouchable unless you're bringing something magnificent to the table while Murphy is simply "good"

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The only way that would happen that I can see is if they love knies because he is an Arizona boy

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Of course they're interested, but their package won't be anywhere close to other teams....
Why not? Amirov Robertson Knies and Niemela are about as good as it goes for prospects that are actually trade bait, better high end prospects don’t generally get moved anymore. And if I have learned anything from listening to posters on here we all the leafs will lose in the first round again so their first would be pretty good too.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Murphy would be the Leafs best defensive defenseman.

Debatable between Muzzin, Brodie and Murphy and this is from someone that would very much like to see Murphy in the Leafs top 4, Knies is basically untouchable and I wouldn't move Amirov for Murphy, or at least I don't think I would.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Knies and Amirov are basically untouchable unless you're bringing something magnificent to the table while Murphy is simply "good"

But, you need to unload salary to give you guys a chance to win this year. Your cap is an issue. Campbell is playing his was into a big deal. This gives you cap flexibility and helps your blueline. Not many teams are gonna touch Mrazek with term at that cap hit

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Why not? Amirov Robertson Knies and Niemela are about as good as it goes for prospects that are actually trade bait, better high end prospects don’t generally get moved anymore. And if I have learned anything from listening to posters on here we all the leafs will lose in the first round again so their first would be pretty good too.

I haven't seen enough of Amirov to make a call on him, but why is he bouncing between 3 different Russian leauges for? If he can't get the full ice time in the KHL, why not ship him to the AHL?

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Oh yeah, Matthews, knies, and a 1st for chychrun, Hayton and top 10 protected 1st.
Obviously, that would get it done. It would be a massive over-payment, but of course that would get it done. McDavid would get Jeff Skinner as well, but so would a lot less. Two teams are involved and of course Arizona wants to get as much as possible, but the other teams want to pay as low as they can. That is the start of negotiation.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I haven't seen enough of Amirov to make a call on him, but why is he bouncing between 3 different Russian leauges for? If he can't get the full ice time in the KHL, why not ship him to the AHL?
He’s been stuck either injured/recovering from injury and then buried by a coach who favours vets. The problem he has imo is that his club team isn’t invested in him because they know he’s going overseas soon.
It’s been strange that he hasn’t gotten proper ice time with ufa, but it’s certainly not because of talent. Unfortunately they can’t bring him over as his deal locks him in over there for the season. I think the hope is that he comes over and attends camp next fall, if he predictably doesnt make the line up then we would see him in the AHL.
They way Toronto runs their AHL team and organization you’d think he’d be better served being over and I think a lot are expecting that to be the case next season , but the player decided he wanted to stay in Russia for this season.
He’s still incredibly young having just turned 20 in October.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He has been injured most of the season. He wants to stay in the KHL right now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
But, you need to unload salary to give you guys a chance to win this year. Your cap is an issue. Campbell is playing his was into a big deal. This gives you cap flexibility and helps your blueline. Not many teams are gonna touch Mrazek with term at that cap hit

3.8M for 2 years after this season? Honestly not worried about it, obvious candidates are already Buffalo, Arizona and Chicago over the off-season. Small sweetener if need be but someone like Buffalo would probably view Mrazek as a good mentor/insurance for their young netminder.

Chicago wants to make playoffs and probably wants a goalie.

Arizona needs to hit a floor.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
for
Mrazek (Cap Dump)
Nick Ritchie (Cap Dump)
Not getting Knies and Amirov for Murphy. Just isn't gonna happen. Up to me Amirov and Robertson are available for the right player but Knies is the one we hold onto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad