GDT: Leafs @ Habs -- pre-season game 4 -- 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
Columbus might be a destination for one of them
Chicago San Jose Anaheim might take the other one

I think they will both be gone very shortly
You could be right but they are rebuilding teams. Depending on what they have in their systems they may feel better served playing their youth.

Taking on Kampf for 3 yrs might be a hard sell. Jarnkrok with only 2 yrs might be easier to swallow for a team.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Not to sound too Coaches Corner, but Lorentz brings a lot of that naturally mean Ontario guy personality to his 4th line role. He'll close on a guy and just hit him for the hell of it and I like that attribute on a depth player. I think that kind of mentality is important because its fine to have the hustle of a Kampf, but it's got to also be a little nastier. There has to be more bite with every Leaf interaction on the ice for the other team.

I honestly think we should be trading both Kampf and Jarnkrok and rebuild our fourth line completely? Lorentz, Holmberg, Dewar, Reaves, possibly even Cowan, Grebenkin, or Minten (and Quillan?). If we could free up roster spots and cap space while opening up some ice time for our young guys this would be very good for our development but also probably better this year.

Knies Matthews Domi
Robertson Nylander Marner
Pacioretty Tavares McMann
Lorentz Holmberg Cowan
Reaves
Dewar (IR)
Grebenkin (Marlie call up)
Minten (Marlie call up)

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Shaw did not play. However,
Unfortunately I missed the game, but did Shaw actually play?
He's not on the Roster Report or Box Score, but without him we only played 7 vets (Benoit, Holmberg, Knies, Lorentz, Myers, A. Nylander, Robertson)
We technically need to have a minimum of 8
Shaw did not play, but Montreal did not dress eight NHL calibre players either.

Seriously though, I think that Cowan as a recent first round draft choice counts towards the 8 eligible players.

Reactions: Leafidelity

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I remember back in the day a lot of the Laine fanboys were saying he would end up scoring more goals than Ovechkin. They cited him having 80 goals combined through his age 18 and 19 seasons as the main reason. Ovechkin's rookie season started when he was 20 years old.

Laine only needs 649 more goals to tie Ovechkin.

Reactions: Enniskillen

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Unfortunately I missed the game, but did Shaw actually play?
He's not on the Roster Report or Box Score, but without him we only played 7 vets (Benoit, Holmberg, Knies, Lorentz, Myers, A. Nylander, Robertson)
We technically need to have a minimum of 8

Nope he didn't actually play to my surprise.

Niemela didnt play either.

Reactions: uncleben

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Hmm you are on the Leafs board clown. How about you get the f*** out. Your board would cry endless tears and ban leafs posters if we went and ran our mouths on your board wishing injuries.

Run back to your bottom feeders clown show board.
And mods are quiet when such sh.t happens, cause it’s the Leafs.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I honestly think we should be trading both Kampf and Jarnkrok and rebuild our fourth line completely? Lorentz, Holmberg, Dewar, Reaves, possibly even Cowan, Grebenkin, or Minten (and Quillan?). If we could free up roster spots and cap space while opening up some ice time for our young guys this would be very good for our development but also probably better this year.

Knies Matthews Domi
Robertson Nylander Marner
Pacioretty Tavares McMann
Lorentz Holmberg Cowan
Reaves
Dewar (IR)
Grebenkin (Marlie call up)
Minten (Marlie call up)

Both Kampf and Jarnkrok are Dubas holdovers of the “cardio merchant” variety. I know Treliving re-signed Kampf of his own volition but I’m convinced Keefe practically begged him to bring him back since he relied on him so much. God knows the man loved his “safe” defensive vets who brought little else to the table.

Either way a mistake on Treliving’s part and now offloading him is going to be an issue. Jarnkrok would be easier with the 20 goal pedigree but Kampf is an anchor.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Both Kampf and Jarnkrok are Dubas holdovers of the “cardio merchant” variety. I know Treliving re-signed Kampf of his own volition but I’m convinced Keefe practically begged him to bring him back since he relied on him so much. God knows the man loved his “safe” defensive vets who brought little else to the table.

Either way a mistake on Treliving’s part and now offloading him is going to be an issue. Jarnkrok would be easier with the 20 goal pedigree but Kampf is an anchor.
If they fet sent down they might get plucked. If they don't and get sent down what's the number against our cap?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021

I don't think it is going to be an issue. There are teams with space and these guys are NHL players. Injuries hit and prospects don't crack the lineup and I think we could get a couple of mid picks if we moved these two.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Tough play and outcome for Laine, was excited to see him for the Habs.

Not sure what Pare is expected to do in that scenario. He stepped into him, he can’t just step aside and let him breeze through, but the result should have been a penalty because of the knee contact.

Xhekaj should get a sizable suspension for the hunting down retaliation. If you leave the bench and get 10 don’t see much difference here, in terms of intent, but given preseason I am sure he will get 1 or 2 if any at all.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Not to sound too Coaches Corner, but Lorentz brings a lot of that naturally mean Ontario guy personality to his 4th line role. He'll close on a guy and just hit him for the hell of it and I like that attribute on a depth player. I think that kind of mentality is important because its fine to have the hustle of a Kampf, but it's got to also be a little nastier. There has to be more bite with every Leaf interaction on the ice for the other team.
Brad knows what he's doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad