Leafs Fans Invading Other Arenas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
We got a good MVP chant in Dallas going when Auston passed Vaive for goals on the year.

I have no experience on those 2. Was thinking about doing Nashville this year, but they have that ‘lockout away fans’ game against the leafs
Went to Nashville a couple of years ago had a terrific time, I bought tickets pretty much a cost very early when I got to the arena we decided to upgrade. The ticket people with the Preds could not have been nicer or more helpful. I have never experienced such pleasant customer service. A lady took us to a office and a manager came in looked at our tickets and got us pair 8 rows up on the blue line in the end the Leafs shot at for two periods for 25$ extra per ticket. 5$ US king cans of Labatts Blue good cheap hot dogs! All in the midst of all the bars on Broadway! We went in January and it wasn’t warm but fine with a jacket. Plan on going back at some point, would like to do a hockey/football combo some time even if it was just a Vanderbilt NCAA game, the campus is a sight to see in itself.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Take days off and do the games 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 for the play offs. It is so much fun on the road. Highly recommend it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Went to Nashville a couple of years ago had a terrific time, I bought tickets pretty much a cost very early when I got to the arena we decided to upgrade. The ticket people with the Preds could not have been nicer or more helpful. I have never experienced such pleasant customer service. A lady took us to a office and a manager came in looked at our tickets and got us pair 8 rows up on the blue line in the end the Leafs shot at for two periods for 25$ extra per ticket. 5$ US king cans of Labatts Blue good cheap hot dogs! All in the midst of all the bars on Broadway! We went in January and it wasn’t warm but fine with a jacket. Plan on going back at some point, would like to do a hockey/football combo some time even if it was just a Vanderbilt NCAA game, the campus is a sight to see in itself.
Great place to watch a game. Id recommend getting tickets in the Lexus lounge area from a season ticket holder if you go again. You get to go under the stands and eat and drink with the ticket. You can also hear the players before they go on the ice.

FYI, you do not want to go to a Vandy game. Nice campus but boy it’s likely to be a horrible football experience.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Great place to watch a game. Id recommend getting tickets in the Lexus lounge area from a season ticket holder if you go again. You get to go under the stands and eat and drink with the ticket. You can also hear the players before they go on the ice.

FYI, you do not want to go to a Vandy game. Nice campus but boy it’s likely to be a horrible football experience.
I’ve been to south bend and Syracuse also smaller venues like Cornell and Connecticut for NCAA football and enjoyed the experience don’t know why I wouldn’t like to see a game at Vanderbilt. Because they don’t have a strong football program? Thats not an issue, being around that atmosphere is always fun.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’ve been to south bend and Syracuse also smaller venues like Cornell and Connecticut for NCAA football and enjoyed the experience don’t know why I wouldn’t like to see a game at Vanderbilt. Because they don’t have a strong football program? Thats not an issue, being around that atmosphere is always fun.
In comparison to other SEC football programs the fans and the game day atmosphere is quite a bit different. The benefit is it’s small and has easy access.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Heading to Pittsburgh in December to catch the Leafs vs Dubguins on Saturday and thenthe Steelers/Browns game the next day.

Last time we did it, I had an asshole drunk trying to stare me down every chance he thought I was looking his way (I had to every time the game was in the other end of the rink.). We were not obnoxious or anything and kept friendly conversations with other fans around us, but felt like it was 50/50 that I was going to have to deal with the asshat before the end of the game.

Hoping for a better experience and outcome this time around (Leafs lost 4-1 and it wasn’t that close).

Reactions: Anthrax442

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Heading to Pittsburgh in December to catch the Leafs vs Dubguins on Saturday and thenthe Steelers/Browns game the next day.

Last time we did it, I had an asshole drunk trying to stare me down every chance he thought I was looking his way (I had to every time the game was in the other end of the rink.). We were not obnoxious or anything and kept friendly conversations with other fans around us, but felt like it was 50/50 that I was going to have to deal with the asshat before the end of the game.

Hoping for a better experience and outcome this time around (Leafs lost 4-1 and it wasn’t that close).
Thinking of doing the same. Do you have tickets yet?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

I was down in Pittsburgh for the infamous Kaskisuo game.

After 3rd goal, the Pitts fans started to feel bad for us. Most of the arena was chanting "Fire Babcock". I think it was his last game or second last. Otherwise we had a good time in the city the next day, we bar hopped and found an ex-church converted to brewery that has a hundred different varieties of pierogies.

1725532646537.png

*ps not me in the pic, just the famous shot from it

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I was down in Pittsburgh for the infamous Kaskisuo game.

After 3rd goal, the Pitts fans started to feel bad for us. Most of the arena was chanting "Fire Babcock". I think it was his last game or second last. Otherwise we had a good time in the city the next day, we bar hopped and found an ex-church converted to brewery that has a hundred different varieties of pierogies.

View attachment 905166
*ps not me in the pic, just the famous shot from it
That sounds like a must visit. Do you remember the name or location?

Reactions: Anthrax442

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad