Leafs fan roll call- from OTHER CITIES ONLY

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
24 yrs old

Inherited the love of Blue and White from my dad. He was born in Scotland but moved to Toronto during the 1972 Summit Series and has been obsessed with Hockey and the Maple Leafs ever since.

I live in La Quinta, California (about 20 mins east of Palm Springs/2 hours east of LA).

I was born in LA, moved to Toronto when I was four, I remember as an answer for my homework in kindergarten I wrote "Doug Gilmore is my favourite hockey player." I know the spelling was wrong but I have bled Blue and hite ever since. A few years later we moved back to California and my parents have lived in La Quinta while I bounced around from city to city and country to country

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Ottawa-born and raised
Spent/spend a lot of time in Toronto since I was a youngin
And my family there are leafs fans so naturally I became a leafs fan

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I was born in Nottingham, England. But lived in neighbouring city Derby for most of my life, (minus 1 year in Sheffield and 2 years in Perth, Australia).

I remember watching hockey during the Olympics as a kid, then during school trips to the Isle of Wight going to watch their team the Raiders which stirred my interest. When I went to uni, I started to watch the NHL through streams, and something drew me to the Leafs. I think it was because of the subconscious knowledge of the Leafs being a great team in years gone by, but I was drawn to them, even though they sucked. (Un)fortunately my personality is a very loyal one, so once I choose a team, that's it. I now follow all Toronto sports teams in North American sports.

I'm currently saving to come visit Toronto late this year, and hopefully get to the ACC for a game. I've travelled across USA twice from coast-to-coast and if the opportunity arose, would move to NA in a heartbeat. But quite difficult to make happen unfortunately! (if anyone has any pretty, non-mental relatives looking for a charming English gentleman, hook me up!)

I also go and watch my local side (GMB) Nottingham Panthers a fair bit, which gives me my fix of live hockey. Cam Janssen just signed a new 2yr deal there and is a big fan favourite.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Winnipeg, 31yrs old. I was born in Mississauga so I very cleverly became a fan because I lived in the GTA until I was 12 and my family moved to Winnipeg, which for those mathematically inclined means I came to Winnipeg the summer that the Jets relocated to Arizona.

There are a lot of Leafs fans in Winnipeg because after the Jets left, people had to find a new team. The very large francophone community (largest outside Quebec) here obviously had big ties to the Habs, but everyone else seemed to choose the Leafs.

The Jets/Oilers rivalry pretty well forced that.

And nobody gives a **** about Calgary.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
46 yo and lived in Toronto until 1989 until moving to Ottawa where I still live. Earliest Leaf memories is 1977 going to my first game at MLG. Been a fan ever since.

apollo

May 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

Not really sure how I became a leafs fan. Grew up in a family who didn't watch hockey. My best guess is they were on t.v. a lot so I grew accustomed to them.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Grew up in Hawaii, lived in Spokane, WA for the past 8 years.

Dad is from Toronto. My dream is to one day visit Toronto and walk around high-fiving everyone in Leafs gear.

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
31, Williamsburg,VA. The reason became leafs fan was when Cujo came to Toronto. I just stuck with the team although they been heartbreakers.

Hey I thought I was the only one! It's hard getting games down here now that a certain website went out of business.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
This thread makes me wish I was a Leaf fan that hasn't lived in the GTA my entire life:laugh:

Grew up in Hawaii, lived in Spokane, WA for the past 8 years.

Dad is from Toronto. My dream is to one day visit Toronto and walk around high-fiving everyone in Leafs gear.

Awesome! How could anyone ever leave Hawaii though?

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
I live in York, Yorkshire, England.

I travelled round USA/Canada 25 years ago and spent some time in Toronto and loved it and have had a passing interest in the Leafs ever since.

Also interested due to many places round Toronto having the same name as places local to York (England) such as York, Scarborough, Whitby etc. Some of you must have a Yorkshire bloodline you lucky people.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

I travelled round USA/Canada 25 years ago and spent some time in Toronto and loved it and have had a passing interest in the Leafs ever since.

Also interested due to many places round Toronto having the same name as places local to York (England) such as York, Scarborough, Whitby etc. Some of you must have a Yorkshire bloodline you lucky people.

I just did a quick look around York, England. It's crazy all the places around Toronto that share names of towns around York too:

York
Scarborough
Whitby
Durham
Pickering
Malton
Grimsby
Bradford

I think you might be right about the Yorkshire bloodline...

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
26 years old from Glovertown, Newfoundland. I've lived in Fort McMurray, Alberta as well as St. John's. Currently living in Gander, NL. I've been a Leafs fan my whole life mostly due to my dad, who may be the biggest Darryl Sittler fan on the planet lol

Fun Fact: When you walk into the high school I went to in Fort Mac you're greeted with the words "The High School Home of Chris Phillips". My sister also went to high school with Scottie Upshall.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

I just did a quick look around York, England. It's crazy all the places around Toronto that share names of towns around York too:

York
Scarborough
Whitby
Durham
Pickering
Malton
Grimsby
Bradford

Well the city of Toronto was originally the town of York named after Price Frederick, Duke of York and Albany. During the War of 1812 there was the Battle of York where the filthy Americans took control of York. The British responded by burning down the White House:laugh: After that York was re-named Toronto and the surrounding cities/regions were named after British influence. Would explain all of this.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

York
Scarborough
Whitby
Durham
Pickering
Malton
Grimsby
Bradford

We don't have a place called Blubberhouses in Ontario though.:laugh:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
38 years young..born and raised in toronto but i decided to take my talents to costa rica where i now happily reside and work.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Arad, Romania, 36, few people watch hockey in romania but i was born in Miercurea Ciuc which is the only city where people are crazy about hockey since they are kids, and our team wins the title almost every season...when i was a child i was a la kings fan but there was little oportunity to watch nhl back then..i am a big Raptors fan and watching them started me to have feeling about Canada and the city of Toronto..in the summer of 2008 i decided to watch more NHL and i couldn't cheer agains a Toronto team..the Kadri draft was the first i ever watched as a hockey fan and since then it became my fav sport and i love the leafs 10 times stronger then the Raps now, they are equal in my heart with Inter Milano my fav soccer club since 94...i could never love another team even if the Leafs suck as long as i live..Go Leafs Go

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009

I rove between Chengdu and Shenzhen, China. I still see Roots clothing with the Leafs logo on it - even if these dumbasses have no idea what it means.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
St. Catharines Ontario is where I was born and have lived almost my whole life. When I was young I was Leaf fan cause my dad was one but I was also a Sabres fan as they were the first team I seen live. I was Leaf fan up to 94 when they traded Gilmour and I couldn't watch them for a few seasons cause they traded away my favourite player.

There was a time that I thought of coming back as a fan but that all changed after going to a Leaf game in Buffalo. I know most Leaf fans aren't like this but for some reason the worst ones seem to show up at Sabres games. The game I went to I had beer dumped on me. What did it for me is when the game was over and the Leafs lost, was the amount of Leaf fans that littered the ice with beer cans.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Born in T.O. in 1957.

I remained a Leaf fan in London (ON), as well as in Melbourne (Aus), Regina (SK), Brandon (MB), Edmonton (AB), Canmore (AB), and now in the Okanagan.

Moral of the story: You can take me anywhere, but you can't take the Leaf fan out of me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad