Proposal: Leafs - Coyotes fair value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Coyotes aren't trading their only top pairing minute capable RD for futures.

I'd also think Murphy is worth a little more than 2 2nds.

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC
why is it always dermott and a 2nd?

murphy is a key cog for the yotes, I dont see them dealing him anytime soon unless it is for a massive iver payment.

Plus, Arizona is pretty thin on D, so they would need an impact D coming back.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Coyotes aren't trading their only top pairing minute capable RD for futures.

I'd also think Murphy is worth a little more than 2 2nds.

why is it always dermott and a 2nd?

murphy is a key cog for the yotes, I dont see them dealing him anytime soon unless it is for a massive iver payment.

Plus, Arizona is pretty thin on D, so they would need an impact D coming back.

How about Gardiner for Murphy + Dvorak

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC
How about Gardiner for Murphy + Dvorak

That is so much worse. Dvorak is a top 10 prospect arguably and while Gardiner is good, Murphy has more value IMO. Murphy is the second or third best D on a team with decent D, and he is a RHD so that adds even more value. You want Murphy for Gardiner, you are adding alot.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
That is so much worse. Dvorak is a top 10 prospect arguably and while Gardiner is good, Murphy has more value IMO. Murphy is the second or third best D on a team with decent D, and he is a RHD so that adds even more value. You want Murphy for Gardiner, you are adding alot.

Gardiner is a #3 on most contenders whilst Murphy would be too inexperienced to slot higher than #4/#5

On the Blackhawks depth chart would go Keith, Seabrook, Gardiner, Hjarmalsson v.s Keith, Seabrook, Hjarmalsson, Murphy

Kings w/ Gardiner : Doughty, Muzzin, Gardiner, Martniez
Kings w/ Murphy Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Muprhy

Sharks w/Gardiner: Vlasic, Burns, Gardiner, Braun, Martin
Sharks w/ Murphy: Vlasic, Burns, Braun, Martin, Murphy

Pens w/Gards: Letang, Gardiner, Daley, Dumolin
Pens w/Murphy: Letang, Daley, Dumolin, Schultz, Pouliot, Murphy

Blues w/Gards: Petro, Parayko, Gardiner, Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk
Blues w/Murphy Petro, Parayko, Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk, Murphy

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Connor Brown is a 30 goal guy soon and Dermott will be a top 4 d-man.

Murphy is already a top 4 RHD d-man.

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC
Gardiner is a #3 on most contenders whilst Murphy would be too inexperienced to slot higher than #4/#5

On the Blackhawks depth chart would go Keith, Seabrook, Gardiner, Hjarmalsson v.s Keith, Seabrook, Hjarmalsson, Murphy

You are definitely over valuing Gardiner. Hjarmalsson is significantly better than Gardiner. While I would put himm above Martinez, I would also do the same for Murphy. Braun is better than both in my opinion, but they are both better than Martin.
I honestly see this as home town bias, you are over valuing Gardiner here to prove a point but I don't see one being made.
I will admit this is one of your better original proposals, but that isn't saying much here. Try to look at value and needs for both teams before posting please.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Pens w/Gards: Letang, Gardiner, Daley, Dumolin
Pens w/Murphy: Letang, Daley, Dumolin, Schultz, Pouliot, Murphy

Blues w/Gards: Petro, Parayko, Gardiner, Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk
Blues w/Murphy Petro, Parayko, Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk, Murphy

Wow, you expect anyone to belive Gardiner is better then Hjalmarsson?
And gardiner over ****... man you are one big Homer Simpson......
Gardiner= Murphy atm...

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

Would be a tough argument, I don't even have him in my top 20 prospects right now...

Also I don't see any way Murphy has more value than Gardiner. He isn't a sky high prospect, he is 23 now...

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Wow, you expect anyone to belive Gardiner is better then Hjalmarsson?
And gardiner over ****... man you are one big Homer Simpson......
Gardiner= Murphy atm...

Explain.

Murphy hasn't even come close to producing at Gardiner's level. Even at the same age. Even the fancy stats appear to favor Gardiner.

What are you going by? Feelings?

EDIT: I think your reaction to Gardiner being better than Hjalmarsson is a little harsh. Gardiner's worst year is only 2 points lower than Hjalmarsson's best year. Also, the fancy stats seem to point towards Gardiner, as well.

It really amazes me how much Gardiner is under-rated and posts like yours just show me that you've never/very rarely seen him play.

Last edited:

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC
Would be a tough argument, I don't even have him in my top 20 prospects right now...

Also I don't see any way Murphy has more value than Gardiner. He isn't a sky high prospect, he is 23 now...

It was just a combination of some prospect lists I have seen that made me say that. I would have him no higher than 10 but no less than the late teens.

He is a gifted offensive player though, no doubt.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Connor Brown is a 30 goal guy soon and Dermott will be a top 4 d-man.

Murphy is already a top 4 RHD d-man.

Connor Brown will be an excellent NHL player. However, I doubt he'll score 30 goals. 20 would be incredible. I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
You are definitely over valuing Gardiner. Hjarmalsson is significantly better than Gardiner. While I would put himm above Martinez, I would also do the same for Murphy. Braun is better than both in my opinion, but they are both better than Martin.
I honestly see this as home town bias, you are over valuing Gardiner here to prove a point but I don't see one being made.
I will admit this is one of your better original proposals, but that isn't saying much here. Try to look at value and needs for both teams before posting please.

One would argue you should do the same with your valuation there. Murphy has potential and being right handed is a plus but he hasn't shown that he could be more valuable than Luke Schenn at this point. He probably will by the end of their first day of training camp but still putting him ahead of those guys right now is laughable.

McCluffin

Jan 15, 2015
Victoria, BC
One would argue you should do the same with your valuation there. Murphy has potential and being right handed is a plus but he hasn't shown that he could be more valuable than Luke Schenn at this point. He probably will by the end of their first day of training camp but still putting him ahead of those guys right now is laughable.

Fair enough. This season I just thought Murphy grew while stepping into a top 4 and at times a top 2 role with the Yotes. He wasn't a game changer by any means but he was still above average. I don't think Schenn belongs anywhere in a top 2 role baring major injuries for the Yotes this year.

And I am not a Yotes fan, just to clear up any issue of "bias".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad