Post-Game Talk: Leafs Blowout Kings 6-2

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
He can't even carry the puck right now, he's losing his hands now, not just his legs.
To be fair he just came off an illness. It's not like he's barely a fourth liner. In the 7th year of a large contract and for the most part his numbers have been solid, and he does have 2 goals already this year. Nobody likes the "11" in his salary but he's a useful player still.

Reactions: Gallagbi and Roo

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Heavy thunder along the boards at SBA last night with a chance of a blowout.

Some great performances, some solid goaltending, some excellent positional play complete with sharp offence. It's the kind of game that makes you believe.

1st Star Mitch Marner. Uncanny vision, talcum powder soft hands, sees things way before they happen.

2nd Star William Nylander great wheels all night and a maximum effort, his playmaking looks like its fully blossomed, if his faceoffs get better, maybe he is a centre?

3rd Star Oliver Eckman-Larsson we've found our PP QB and he's looked real comfortable with Jake.

Honourable mentions

The 4th line, we actually have a real 4th line that does all that great 4th line stuff

Bobby McRocketman(thanks Bonsey)

The D as a whole, not perfect by any means but it was better than what we've been used too, that's for sure!

34 broke the egg, 11 again! another solid game, 91 just missed potting 2, 89 first back a couple of times isn't shy with the physicality

They started well and kept it going until that little let down in the third. On to the next.

Last edited:

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Domi had the 2nd most even strength assists next to McDavid, lucky for us you put that on the internet for all to see. 😂
weird stats do happen. Domi is a solid player so whatever I'm not trying to bash him. Point is that Nylander hasn't been suffering the past few seasons. And when Tavares gets dropped it will be because of age not chemistry. Tavares has always played the coziest of styles for his linemates including speedy ones like Nylander. As well as his old linemate Matthew Barzal who I would bet money has made similar comments to Nylander.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
How's OEL and his overall game this year? Quick enough to stay on the powerplay?
OEL has looked very good thus far, at both ends of the ice.

He's already taken over point duties on PP1, and is showing good offensive instincts.

Having said that, the Leafs' PP always seems to end up back at the Big Four + Rielly sooner or later, so we still have to see what happens this year.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
OEL has looked very good thus far, at both ends of the ice.

He's already taken over point duties on PP1, and is showing good offensive instincts.

Having said that, the Leafs' PP always seems to end up back at the Big Four + Rielly sooner or later, so we still have to see what happens this year.
The Leafs PP has been historically good with Rielly. Except for in the playoffs. Plus it's crazy to put the blame on him when he is playing with 4 11 million dollar players.

I am fine with OEL taking over, but until they crash the net a little more, his shot is going to be just a 50 foot unscreened save.

Reactions: Duffman955

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Looking ahead, we could really use a guy like NHL player Derek Morris to round out the 4/5-ish slotting on D for depth. Or someone with Martin Skoula’s puck poise maybe to round it off.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What’s there to complain about? So imo critiquing the team’s poor play is trolling? Team played good for being riddled with the flu, there’s no criticism because there’s nothing to critique………..
Sure there was, but people only like to point out the negatives after a loss.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
weird stats do happen. Domi is a solid player so whatever I'm not trying to bash him. Point is that Nylander hasn't been suffering the past few seasons. And when Tavares gets dropped it will be because of age not chemistry. Tavares has always played the coziest of styles for his linemates including speedy ones like Nylander. As well as his old linemate Matthew Barzal who I would bet money has made similar comments to Nylander.
You are assuming that Nylander hasn't "been suffering" with Tavares, and that Tavares will be dropped only because of age. If you've watched the games, you could have seen that they have both produced despite their different styles, and small sample size that it is, these last two games, and most of the the odd times they were separated (over the last two years in particular) have shown that Nylander at least performs better away from Tavares.

It's not a knock on Tavares that their styles don't compliment each other, but there is certainly evidence that it is a fact.

Reactions: arso40

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
He did look pretty awful in the last playoffs and was noticeably overwhelmed, however he also appeared injured to me and his mobility definitely seemed hampered. Believe he was also on the ice and well out of position when Nick Cousins eliminated the Leafs in 2023
He was also playing with Joel Edmundson, and one thing you can't say about Joel is that he's an effective puck mover. And Boston knew that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad